• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eyes

Belgiangirl

In 2007 i get an eye infection on the right, seeing almost nothing anymore (other eye is "lazy" so undeveloped) only cortisone treatment helps: unfortunately this is never reported. Ophtamologist also mentions eyes are extremely dry.

It vanishes but still there keeps a strange watery appearence and swollen arteries in the eye.
This sometimes get worse, but it never clears, happily vision is quiet okay (it never was in the first place).

During nights sometimes I feel "something there" and then I see a dark circle with this right eye (so like a black spot). Looking on the internet I can only find one explanation: smart phone blindness!!
https://www.aao.org/eyenet/article/transient-smartphone-blindness

Now my other eye became waterish too and both started burning and paining all over my face, and a "yellow block" on the white of my eye alongside the iris appeart ... even got to ER in fear and pain. Sight stayed okay. Allergy drops cleared it up but still my eyes look very waterish, ill and sick. The opthalmologist with all the lamps couldn't notice the yellow block. The GP saw it but didn't know what it was - i understand cause google brought nothing up either.

My eyes are mallformed in all kinds of ways and i can elicit nystagmus.

Does someone have an idea?