• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Experiences with Nova in Florida?

Davsey27

I'm curious what's your experience with Nova in Florida?

I left California to explore Florida.Mostly to get away from the wildfires and get some good winter heat in Southern Florida.

Other than Palm springs in the winter.I can't think of anywhere else.Its like the body is addicted to the sun

Im also sensitive to mold,myctoxins and wireless radiation

I'm scheduled to see NP rozenburg later this month.
My insurance is through Medicare paid for by California

Although I used parents address in virginia as NOVA doesn't accept California but may eventually see that the state of California pays for Medicare

I'd like to try something different than Stanford.Smoke.filled summers.Hazy sun.Not so good memories

I am fortunate running into old friends here in st augustine and staying a few days at a time at their home

I'm currently houseless but not homeless as this earth seems like home.

My ssdi amount is about 850 in California and am concerned about it dropping in a red state.

Would appreciate any suggestions

Thank you guys and gals

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I believe SSDI is paid by the federal government and SSI by the states so if you have SSDI that should not be affected by which state you live in whereas SSI would be. ???

I could be wrong. Please someone correct me if I am.

Last edited:

Davsey27

I believe SSDI is paid by the federal government and SSI by the states so if you have SSDI that should not be affected by which state you live in whereas SSI would be. ???

I could be wrong. Please someone correct me if I am.

This is correct.However in certain states medicaid pays for Medicare.In California the medicaid is called medi-cal.The state medi-cal typically pay 150 for Medicare part B.if it weren't for the the monthly amount would only be around 700.

However in certain red states like Florida when one's assets from ssdi backpay is over like 4k the state Medicaid won't pay for Medicare and perhaps expect you to downspend the ssdi backoay something that 9 rather not do

I think 9n California being more liberal I got an exception for the chunk of backpay that's well over 4k,which meant there was no asset test.

This is one of the things that concerns me down here is crossing state lines when another states local medicaid is paying Medicare part B premiums for a recipient that's out of state.Not sure thet they would be ok doing this

And one is using the part B to explore something else another state

For example I have a telehalth appt from California this Tuesday through Medicare which means that if refills are sent to a pharmacy it Florida it may cause them to question the California residency as right now im just looking around and don't really have an address

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Oh, dear. That's a lot to plan and figure out.

Hope being in Florida doesn't mess anything up for you. Maybe talk to a social security lawyer. (shrug)

Also hope someone here can offer some wisdom for your situation.

I'll say a prayer.

vision blue

Cant you just saythe reason you are in Florida is to pursue medical treatments?
If you dont have a physical mailing address in CA, eventually may be hard to continue to claim residency but how about trying to use your last address and fill out a COA form with post office? These days so little cones by snail mail anyway so if youre lucky , maybe can do that for years.
Ive never googled state of residency if currently not owning or renting a home but is interesting issue.

Iif u do eventually have to give up legal residency in CA , maybe Florida has sone financialky redeeminhg thing that will make up for the mexixare/medicaid thing?

Is it the klimas group youre seeing? I loved her papers til i got to one that was so badly done is making me rethink all of ger co tributions.

Davsey27

Im grateful for the Stanford diagnosis.But I feel like I need more intensive testing/treatment.Id like to get the deeper immunological testing that Kauffman and Klimas have done.For example looking at igg subclasses.Nk function.Which I feel I haven't been receiving at Stanford

Yes Nova at the University at Ft Lauderdale.NP Irene rozemburg.I saw they mentioned environmental illness as well so perhaps mold.

I know the emf stuff they probably may not be able to do much about as the university itself has alot and I'll have to manage as best as I can till a rural doctor option is available

vision blue

I had asked my doc for IgG subclass blood test, and he had no problem ordering it (twice).. I think that was a rheumatologist, but likely even any internsit would agee. Haven't tried asking about NK function though.

Davsey27

Wildfires in California.A good reason to leave the state even though the ssdi benefits are good?

Thank You

Davsey27

Cant you just saythe reason you are in Florida is to pursue medical treatments?
If you dont have a physical mailing address in CA, eventually may be hard to continue to claim residency but how about trying to use your last address and fill out a COA form with post office? These days so little cones by snail mail anyway so if youre lucky , maybe can do that for years.
Ive never googled state of residency if currently not owning or renting a home but is interesting issue.

Iif u do eventually have to give up legal residency in CA , maybe Florida has sone financialky redeeminhg thing that will make up for the mexixare/medicaid thing?

Is it the klimas group youre seeing? I loved her papers til i got to one that was so badly done is making me rethink all of ger co tributions.

Yes it's the Klimas group

I'm curious how others have benefited from the functional medicine approach