• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

excessive sweating

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
A really embarrasing problem! I have no idea if this is part of the M.E and what causes it.

I basically sweat buckets whenever i get a bit excited or emotional. This can be good as well as difficult emotions -my body doesn't seem to know the difference. It usually happens mainly in the mornings, but can be at other times. My armpits are literally soaking through onto my clothes and the strange thing is that it instantly smells really bad.
Sometimes it happens straight after a shower, so i am really clean and by the time i get upstairs to dress i need to wash again! yuck, its really horrible.
I shower every day and use a natural deodorant.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this, and /or suggestions for treating?

citybug

I've been wondering about this too. Getting wake up sweats in am with heavy ammonia smell. Also chest pain, vertigo (new this spring).

Don't have the CBS upregulation mentioned in this thread link. Don't have the wired/tired feeling at the moment, resting a lot. Have eaten eggs not a lot of other meat protein. Thyroid checked recently in range. Infection? One day turned into high fever vomiting, then back to symptoms. Took some vermox had on hand thinking intestinal, improved for short time then back to same symptoms. Can't give much blood, what should I test?

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?2018-Anxiety-Ammonia-and-the-NMDA-Receptor

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Not sure about the CFS link, but I also have POTS and I do not sweat much anymore. The autonomic nervous system is involved and sweating can be more or less and in different areas.

BEG

I lost my ability to sweat the same time my body lost control of its inner thermostat. It's almost impossible to adjust to a comfortable temperature. If I sweat, it's at night.

Justy, you need to ask your doctor. Good luck.

justy

I have normal low blood pressure and terrible temperature control. I am either freezing or boiling -but mainly freezing.
I am afraid there is no point in going to the doctor about it as they just are not interested in anything i say. Last week i had a row with my GP as he said he couldnt see why i had systemic candida as it wasnt as if i was immune compromised. I disagreed and he said i only had M.E, i didnt have AIDS or cancer or something like that.
Then last week i got a tewst result back showing i had low white blood cell count. I thought i would be vindicated, but they just said we are not worried about that. Its low but not that low. AAARRRGGGHHH.
I cant go and see adoctor about anything now, because thet never taske me seriously. I got a diagnosis and that is it. they dont even know how disabled i am or how this crappy thing is affecting my life.

Sorry for the rant. Just so frustrated and unhappy at the moment.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Are you running a fever when you sweat? Sometimes I wake up drenched in sweat. It is because I feel cold when it is warm. I know this because my husband and son will complain about how hot they are. Usually, I will be running a low grade fever when this happens or I have forgotten to take my thyroid medicine. Also, any opiate type medicine makes me sweat profusely like oxycodone or hydrocodone.

P.S. I hear ya about the doctors. I wish they would make more of an attempt to understand.

justy

No, Mya. I dont have a fever whenthis happens. i do also get night sweats, but this is different. It is just an immediate reaction to having a strong feeling or talking animatedly that i just really start sweating nd it smells really strong instantly -even if i have just showered.
Yeah Doctors! I am trying to ignore them, but every now and then i give in, thinking they might just help this time. Oh Well, feeling a bit more chipper today anyway.