• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Esther Crawley - 18th May 2017 - A day with the MUPP(ets) and more

lilpink

I think the more pressure that can be put on AfME, the more difficult it MAY be for them to continue working with EC. They are *saying* more of the right things: now they need to walk the talk.

I'm not sure why anyone cares about this. It's not as if AfME can ever redeem themselves. They are totally entwined with the Wessely School and with Esther Crawley in so many ways..why is anyone thinking they can come back from this? Assume AfME is PART of the BPS school and be done with it. That's the reality.

Yogi

I'm not sure why anyone cares about this. It's not as if AfME can ever redeem themselves. They are totally entwined with the Wessely School and with Esther Crawley in so many ways..why is anyone thinking they can come back from this? Assume AfME is PART of the BPS school and be done with it. That's the reality.
I agree leopard does not change spots. However good to and need to put pressure on them and expose AFME them so they have no members or funds and go into liquidation and close.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit

This is the epicentre of the problem. Googling I am unable to find any contrary opinion that argues against the idea of MUS being non organic in nature.

And it is a tragedy for all who are trapped in this void. IMO the solution must come from within the medical science community although pressure from outside (the connecting with other MUS groups is a good start) is not unproductive.

RogerBlack

Attachments

• CFS-mus1.jpg
    CFS-mus1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 15

Yogi

This is the epicentre of the problem. Googling I am unable to find any contrary opinion that argues against the idea of MUS being non organic in nature.

And it is a tragedy for all who are trapped in this void. IMO the solution must come from within the medical science community although pressure from outside (the connecting with other MUS groups is a good start) is not unproductive.

Whenever contrary evidence is produced which takes time. They come up with a new label.

This is just a few (lots more):
Hysteria
.....hysterical paralysis
....then Neurasthenia
....then somatoform.
....SSD
....PUPS
.....BPS
....FSS
....BDS
....MUPS

When MUPS is exposed they will come up with another name.

It is industrial scale fraud from these charlatan fraudsters.

Last edited:

Esther12

I agree leopard does not change spots. However good to and need to put pressure on them and expose AFME them so they have no members or funds and go into liquidation and close.

Organisations can change... but people have now stopped telling me that I need to give Sonya a chance to change things. I think that she's happy to tell people what they want to hear (which led to some false hope amongst those wanting AfME to turn itself around), but only it doesn't involve taking a stand against anyone with real power.

Esther12

I note that my tweet along the lines of "Control is great. But not if it leads to treatments that don't help. Beware of form based RCTs with s switched outcome prepub." was deleted.

Clearly I am a terrorist, and this was obviously a death threat, in some medically unexplained manner.

How did they delete your comment? Can people do that on twitter? Or was this facebook somewhere?

(People posting stuff here is drawing me to social media... but social media is not for me!)

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Whenever contrary evidence is produced which takes time. They come up with a new label.

This is just a few (lots more):
Hysteria
.....hysterical paralysis
....then Neurasthenia
....then somatoform.
....SSD
....PUPS
.....BPS
....BDS
....MUPS

When MUPS is exposed they will come up with another name.

It is industrial scale fraud from these charlatan fraudsters.

Maybe I'm confused but it sounds like you are missing my point. I cannot find any evidence that there is a contrary view of (whatever you or they want to call) symptoms that they claim are psychiatric (all in the head) in nature as possibly symptoms of unexplained organic illness.
The label is not relevant.