• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ESME - Dutch article on CFS blood donation?

MEKoan

Babelfish translation:

More and more countries close people who have had ME CVS of blood contribution. Reason is the retrovirus XMRV, which has been found at this patient group. Month earlier this was confessed that in Canada ex-patinten no more blood can doneren. press office NZPA communicated yesterday that New Zealand will follow this example. Also Australia considers revision of its directives for blood contribution. The Netherlands has taken extra measures still no after Science-publicatie of October 2009. In this report was for the first time made of XMRV at ME CVS. `At this moment are basis there insufficiently scientific for policy at veranderen', said Sanquin Bloedvoorziening about this in Ortho to a spokesman of foundation. The medical questionnaire, in which ME CVS are not called as a ground for exclusion for contribution, has not been adapted.

Yes, well, that's clear then. :worried:

ETA I'm coming away with the feeling that they are not banning us now but someone on facebook thought that they were.

V99

Finally - can use google translate. Here it is.

New Trend Press Release: no blood after CFS

Gendringen - April 22, 2010.

More and more countries exclude those ME / CFS have been out of blood donation. Following is the XMRV retrovirus that is found in this patient group. Earlier this month it was announced that ex-patients in Canada no longer allowed to donate blood. NZPA news agency reported yesterday that New Zealand will follow this example. Australia is also considering revising its guidelines for bloeddonatie.Nederland has no further action after the publication of Science in October 2009. It was first reported XMRV in ME / CFS. "At present there is insufficient scientific basis for the
policy change, "said a spokesman for Ortho Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation in this matter. The medical questionnaire, which ME / CFS is not mentioned as a ground for exclusion for donation, is not adjusted.
While the spokesman notes that potential donors are always a conversation with a doctor. "The inquires about health. And people who are sick, can not give blood. "That the American researchers have found XMRV retrovirus in the blood of Dutch ME / CFS patients, did not alter the development of Sanquin. Thus, the Reuters reported Tuesday.
Researchers at UMC St. Radboud concealed these U.S. findings in a scientific publication, such as Ortho unveiled last week. In the same blood samples, the Nijmegen researchers found no trace of XMRV.Patinten, professionals and the media from today the latest news on ME / CFS, XMRV (and blood transfusion) www.voedingenpsyche.nl follow. This is the website of the Congressional Food & Psyche, which this year entirely in
will be devoted to CFS
.------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------
Ortho - Orthomolecular Magazine - www.ortho.nl / orthomolecular magazine.
Bimonthly magazine about science & nutrition supplementen.Hoofdredactie: Dr. Gert E. Schuitemaker, 0315-695211 ortho@ortho.nl.

Guess not, but more press is not a bad thing.

bullybeef

http://www.voedingenpsyche.nl/nieuwsitem.php?item=78

ME / CFS patient's Blood Donor

April 20, 2010 Blood banks in the Netherlands are adopting the Canadian policy not left to ex-patients with chronic fatigue syndrome to refuse blood donor. The Reuters reported this today. Umbrella Sanquin, the controversy between the researchers from WPI in Reno and that of the Nijmegen St. Radboud UMC or closely.

"Who is right, I can not judge," says director Mary Rietdijk the CFS Foundation about the conflict between Reno and Nijmegen. "But it's the umpteenth time that the main cvs Institute of the Netherlands is not transparent. By a possible link with the virus to suppress, we are deprived of an opportunity to determine the appropriate choice. Maybe soon apparent that it was better not to give blood. "

V99

On the CFIDS association facebook page they say they are banning donations. We need a translating brain I think

lansbergen

Bla bla bla bla. Bottom line is they say there is not enough scientific evidence to change their policy.

MEKoan

All the translation softwear translations say no ban when read carefully. Even the one Bullybeef quotes goes on to say no ban after saying Reuters said there was a ban. It's kinda scary to think that Reuters might rely on translation softwear!!!

ETA: Thanks Lansbergen, that's what I thought they were saying!