• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Epstein-Barr Virus dUTPase Induces Neuroinflammatory Mediators: Implications for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Treeman

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed..._MSF4E6V7VXLppa_lh5_U_JB32w5M8iQzLYO86nSe4qIA

FINDINGS:
EBV dUTPase protein altered the expression in vitro (12 of 15 genes and 32 of 1000 proteins examined) and in vivo (34 of 84 genes examined) of targets with central roles in blood-brain barrier integrity/function, fatigue, pain synapse structure, and function, as well as tryptophan, dopamine, and serotonin metabolism.

Rufous McKinney

Thats: major

And tryptophan- is the problem we are having....per the Phair Metabolic Trap theory.

My daughter (you should get a therapist, MOM)...well this Shut Her Up for a few minutes. I describe Sickness Behavior..stay in the cave- it all makes sense. We have no business collecting firewood.