• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Enteroviruses and ME/CFS

Timaca

TheMoonIsBlue~ I am still on oxymatrine. I will slowly be switching over to Equilibrant. My journey can be found here: http://hhv6foundation.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=antiviral&action=display&thread=200 You will need to sign in to read the posts. It has helped me battle the Coxsackie B.

A friend of mine is also on oxymatrine/Equilibrant. She is probably 90% well. She is also on valtrex and ProBoost. I am on acyclovir, and will be adding in ProBoost.

John, that is great news that you are seeing some good improvements the last few months!!

Best, Timaca

aquariusgirl

timaca
what do you mean you are attacking hhv6 AGAIN?
are you back on valcyte for it?
if so, does yr doc have any concerns about resistance.?
thanks

Kati

Patient in training
i, I have been on Oxymatrine/Equilibrant since the end of September of this year. I gradually increased to 6 tablets a day, 3 in the morning and 3 at night. It is hard on my stomach and hard on my wallet as well and have not found it helpful so far. In fact I think I will finish this box and end it there.

I tested positive for Cox B2 and B6 and Parvo B19- low titers. Never had a biopsy. In Canada, no one wanted to test me for coxsackie B or even Parvo and they don't give any shit about my results. (in good english)

I wonder if Oxymatrine would affect the XMRV test- does anyone know?

Timaca

aquariusgirl~ I am not on valcyte. I am on acyclovir to try to help keep my herpes viruses under control. We have limited success with the amount I'm on (800 mg daily), but it seems to be the best dosage for now.

Kati~ It took me about 17 weeks before I noticed a benefit to the oxymatrine. You may want to persevere a bit longer. If the cost is a factor, consider switching to the brand John uses. I don't know if if oxymatrine affects the XMRV test. I've not been tested for that.

Best, Timaca

lancelot

I was initially referred to Dr Chia by my PCP(whose own CFS patient never got well with Dr C) back in 2008. But, i decided not to goto him during the 3 month waitlist because i read dr chia say that he treats a subset of CFS(those with enterovirus) having an acute flu-like onset with major GI symptoms. Mine was non flu gradual onset w/o gi problems. Is this still true?

Hip

A transcript of video of a presentation given by Dr John Chia detailing his work with oxymatrine is to be found >> HERE.

Last edited:

end

TheMoonIsBlue~ I am still on oxymatrine. I will slowly be switching over to Equilibrant. My journey can be found here: http://hhv6foundation.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=antiviral&action=display&thread=200 You will need to sign in to read the posts. It has helped me battle the Coxsackie B.

A friend of mine is also on oxymatrine/Equilibrant. She is probably 90% well. She is also on valtrex and ProBoost. I am on acyclovir, and will be adding in ProBoost.

John, that is great news that you are seeing some good improvements the last few months!!

Best, Timaca

ProBoost "feels" effective, shortly following my initial dose I felt "stronger" difficult to define.

My CFS/ME strongly involves my GUT so I am organising testing through Dr Chia ATM - not easy when your in Australia