• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Energy Revitalization System and Thyroid Meds

Hello all,

I am at the first stages of trying to deal with CFS or what I think is CFS. I am starting to take some of Dr. Teitelbaums regiment with Ribose and the Energy Revitalization System. I understand there are detractors on this forum, but I really just need to start trying something.

I am already hypothyroid and take 75mcg Tirosint right now (not noticing any different from my old generic, but worth trying). Anyway, the Energy Reviyzaliation System has 100mg of Calcium (10% DV). I don't want to take this in the morning if it will interfere with the thyroid meds. What do you guys think? Is it low enough that it won't matter?

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
Paul, this is a great question and one I've wondered about myself. I don't take Energy Revitalization System, but I take a daily vitamin/mineral powder with a similar recipe as ERS and similar calcium content. I also take T3 thyroid medication. My bottle of T3 states that it should be take at least a half hour before any meal.

As a solution to the problem you identified, I take the T3 immediately on waking. Usually by the time I shower, get dressed and am downstairs to make breakfast, at least a half hour has passed. Then I take the vitamin powder. This solution has worked for me so far. I can tell a difference when I forget to take the T3 on waking and take it too close breakfast. I don't seem to have as much energy those days.

I actually emailed them too and got the following response:

"Hello:

The calcium was just added recently when the manufacturer added the B vitamins back into the powder. The small amount of calcium is used as a binder to encapsulate B's within the powder. This was necessary to prevent the powerful taste of the B's from overwhelming the taste of the powder. This small amount of calcium does not prevent you from using the vitamin powder as originally directed with the thyroid treatments.

Take Care,
Denise"

I might just take it at lunch every day just to be on the safe side, but good to hear its fine if you wait an hour. How long have you been on the vitamin mix?

Out of interest how do you all take the energy revitalization system? do you just take it in water and which flavour do you like best?
I have been taking the berry one in water, but I find it very sweet and strong.
Why don't people on the forum like it?

Out of interest how do you all take the energy revitalization system? do you just take it in water and which flavour do you like best?
I have been taking the berry one in water, but I find it very sweet and strong.
Why don't people on the forum like it?

I take it around lunch with water. I think the Citrus flavor is better than the berry one.

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
I have a mild CFS / low mitochondrial output and the "Energy Revitalization System" has been a good thing for me. I have been on it for 3 days and it gives a good amount of energy support, but doesn't totally "cure" my condition... I need a little something else too.

I added 1500mg of d-ribose b.i.d. yesterday and it was a very helpful combination. I got a touch of overstimulation from the ribose but then things 'settled down' after an couple hours and I felt & slept great. Would like to experiment further and find the right combination.

I tend to be OK on most days until around 3 or 4 p.m... where I start to "run out of steam"...

Today I am going to try the Energy Revitalization System in the morning and 1500mg of d-ribose around 3p.m... see how that goes.