• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Endothelial Dysfunction & Brain Fog - Batemanhornecenter

mitoMAN

https://batemanhornecenter.org/endothelial-dysfunction-and-brain-fog/

In the coming weeks, BHC will start a new research study that you may be eligible to participate in! This research will assess endothelial function and upright activity in people with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and Long COVID, which is an illness that occurs in some people after COVID-19 infection. Endothelial cells make up a single cell layer that lines all the blood vessels in our body. Endothelial cells maintain cardiovascular homeostasis in health. In ME/CFS and Long COVID, these endothelial cells may not function properly.

We aim to begin enrollment in February so stay tuned for more information on this important research!

Rufous McKinney

So anyone joining the study?

? nothing there about how to join.....

wonder general about the entire concept

Reaction times and procession speeds...that sounds like it might be viable for getting at something about the extent of brain fog, with some possible repeatability.

I wonder about time upright....because in my case this isn't very clear cut yet seems more so in others around here. I sit up most of the day.

Standing versus sitting up is very different for me. the device would report I"m upright, when sitting, correct?
Yet thats not standing....

Rufous McKinney

Also wondering about this remark:

"being in an upright posture for too long can lead to brain fog"

Brain fog is a 24/7 event in my case, altho it does vary in intensity and will be worse in crashes.....I don't notice: Brain fog starting up.

Luckily I don’t have any signs of brain fog (and I hope my symptoms will never became worse, because it’s possible to develop brain fog later). It seems I have endothelial dysfunction, something is wrong with blood vessels in the brain and vasoconstriction in my hands isn’t normal. I have mild blood pooling in my arms.
I wonder why endothelial dysfunction is associated with brain fog in this study, but not the other symptoms of CFS.
I noticed symptoms become much better when I’m not upright.
And I noticed some people have brain fog even without autonomic symptoms. How is it possible?