• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EMF/RF Meter Wanted UK

golden

Can anyone recommend one?

Must be accurate, cover wide ranges and be good value for money.

Ideally I will rent one.

Best,
Golden

golden

I am having difficulty finding the right questions to ask. Once I have found them, i will be almost there.

I think I have happened upon a Big jigsaw piece for me.

I have found a mobile mast in the field opposite me with no buildings in between - within 300m. They disguised it to look like a telephone pole.

I have an overhead electricity pole outside one bedroom within 3ft of where bed should be. And more about 10ft from the street.

My other bedroom is 3ft from mains meter...

its no wonder I am on couch, subconsciously trying to get away.

Thinking about when I go out, I realise being on a train with all the mobiles could be a big problem.

So I need a meter to detect :

*my body field
*Overhead electricity
*mobile masts

And need to learn what range of meter is required to get a truthful picture.

If anyone wishes to add to the thread bits and bats thats OK. There are quite a few peer reviewed scientific studies and the bioinitiative report sounds interesting.

I am going to invest in the EMF shield balaclava, my friend wants one now so he will buy them :)

It protects my thyroid which is sore all the time and head and where pressure is. I want to see if it relieves the pressure like some say.

peggy-sue

I can ask my partner a bit about these if you like.
He's away on holiday just now, but he does have his Masters in EMF and is "Senior Principle Engineer" in EMF at work.

He has always said folk are stupid about their mobile phones - that it's not when the thing is in use that it produces a load of promiscuous frequencies everywhere - but when it is switched on, waiting for calls.
During use, the "beam" gets narrowed and concentrated.

He doesn't keep his in his pocket - and it's never switched on anyway, except by prior agreement.

golden

That would be teriffic @peggy-sue, thanks.

From talking to an engineer re:SMART meters , there maybe a split in expert opinion. This engineer believed Smart meters were safe and didn't emit much radiation. My personal view are that they can be harmful.

However the testing principles should be something surely to be agreed upon.

I am going to have to get rid of my mobile phone :-0 and look to getting a land line . Maybe able to get a landline for 3pounds a month.

I have been very very stupid re: mobile phone . So has my friend. He keeps his in his trouser pocket. :-/

Best
Golden

peggy-sue

Michael (my partner) is of the opinion that electricity pylons are a health hazard. They do all sorts of weird ionising things in the local atmosphere.

It's the testing and compliance to regulations of the machinery his company makes that he is in charge of.
They make hole-in-the-wall cash dispensers.
(He designed the electronic hardware inside them - before going on to study EMF.)

We do tend to use only the land-line. We don't see any need for mobiles, except for emergencies.

But he has put some sort of silly wireless thing onto the computer.
It sits under the desk here with 5 great glowing evil green eyes, which I am sure is using up far too much electrickery.:cautious:

peggy-sue

possibly...:)
I'm/we're not up on techno stuff. Don't have the latest gadgets, don't do facetube, just not interested.
Michael has taken to texting, but that's only because it means he doesn't have to speak to anybody on the phone. (He's telephobic.)
He has got himself an electronic book, which he uses, and I think he just got himself a paddy thing that lets him get the internet. Can't remember what it's called... a huffy thing?

I've heard of blackberries, (we call them brambles in Scotland ;)) but I don't really know what the electronic ones do.

golden

I want one with cool sound effects :)
I will report results here when I do

When I got my earthing blanket, I tested it. When i sit on the sofa normally my body voltage was approx 5-6 V (cannot remember exactly now.

With earthing technology it dropped to 0.8 or 0.08 ish - a lot anyway.

When i stood outside, naturally, this was what my natural body voltage 'should ' be.

Best
Golden

peggy-sue

You want "cool sound effects"?

Get a rainstick!;)

(I had one. It scared the cats and drove Michael bonkers, I was made to give it to a charity shop.:cry:)

But I recently got another noise making thingy. I reckon it's Australian, because it's covered in that spot sort of decoration. It booms and thunders!
It's a cardboard tube, with a plastic sheet, (like a drumskin) on one end. Attached to that sheet, is a great long metal spring. When you waggle the spring, it does amazing things.

It terrifies the cats and gets Michael very annoyed. I can see that getting chucked out too.
He's no fun when it comes to noisy toys. He won't let me have mobiles either.
Real mobiles - you know, the sorts of things that get hung over babies' beds, with pretty dangly bits.

golden

I shall get a screw driver ;)

Going to research the you tube people more and see their experiments ...

Best
Golden

golden

when i get m.y. shieldy wieldy sorted I hope to have additional brain power to give that considered thought ...

:)

Best
Golden

golden

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...cage-claims-intolerant-modern-technology.html

It seems like ES is scraping the bottom of the barrel and not M.E. after all... in terms of poor treatment , understanding.

This lady has an EMF head scarf on , thats better than a balaclava, and goes round her neck. I want this instead. My friend is getting the EMF cowboy hat .

I am not wanting to end up trapped like this though... I want to drive again -(bad mistake for me using satnav in car - this may explain stuff.

Best
Golden

golden

http://www.best-emf-health.com/emf-detector.html

These detectors seem like they maybe the ones.

Just wondering if there was any reason that USA detectors wouldn't work in UK???

some people who can tolerate a hairdryer are degaussing with the motor!

On the 51 yr old in the newspaper post above - it amazed me how she has same symptoms as me. She talks on her YouTube clip.

I too blow out electric. Currently half my house electrics are broken cos of me. I ruined my car electrics.

I get loads of static build up on my clothes, i give people electric shocks etc.

i didn't know this was part of the ES .

:)
Best
Golden

I used to have a really basic EMF reader back when I was a paranormal investigator. we all stood in line and everyone had readings of say 1-2 and when pointed at me the reading was through the roof 10+
I used to do the same thing to electricals and also watches, i havent took a reading for many years but would love to compare now must out of interest.

golden

many ES symptom cross over M.E.

people may not be recognising their ES .

would you say you were ES hhnf ?

there is a theory that we are not dealing with electric 'normally ' ...

this could account for your high reading

Best
Golden