• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Emerge Australia ME/CFS International Research Symposium March 12-15, 2019

perrier

Is CORT or anyone else giving short summaries? I mean sort of statements of findings or treatments. Hard for some to listen.

Diwi9

Administrator
Prof. Paul Fisher has found compensatory state in mitochondrial respiration in lymphoblasts. Upregulation of Complex 1, which positively correlates with the severity of patient.

raghav

Listened to the first speaker on Mitochondrial dysfunction. It was a bit complex to grasp it. After that the livestream has stopped ?? Anybody else watching ?

It says that "We are sorry that this presentation cannot be shared"

Last edited:

Gemini

The Cara Tomas talk is purposefully offline because of proprietary info or something like that. Will be back up after her talk and a tea break.
@Diwi9 the Opening speaker said a few presentations were not going to be livestreamed because the material has been accepted for publication and can't be made public yet.

Diwi9

Administrator
@Diwi9 the Opening speaker said a few presentations were not going to be livestreamed because the material has been accepted for publication and can't be made public yet.
Yes, even Prof. Fisher couldn't show all of his slides. It is exciting that there will be new publications, however :)

merylg

The first talk was really interesting. Trying to process it in my foggy head! I came in part way through so missed the name of the speaker but he was talking about Mitochondrial function.
‘ATP synthesis by Complex V is less efficient in ME/CFS cells’

raghav

The speaker said TOR1(something) was upregulated and what causes that has to be investigated and they are into it.

perrier

Are there now two threads giving summaries; maybe we ought to put them together; someone pls do this.