• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Electromedicine to the Rescue

My post with the same title in "Introduce Yourself" contains my story of how I got rid of the virus causing my CFIDS. I encourage everyone to read it.

Sometimes I am actually glad for all the suffering I’ve gone thru. All the loneliness that caused me to highly prize friendships now. All the poverty that makes me appreciate each and every thing I am able to buy for myself. All the muscle weakness and lack of vitality that makes me cherish moments of sublime ecstacy, such as shooting a basketball from midcourt now and making the goal, something the 20 year olds never do here at my favorite outdoor court where I practice although I’m 61. All the books which were like dear friends to me that shared their innermost thoughts. All the pets that were tender with me.

Am I just being loco in my old age or what? No, I really do think that life always provides a balance that equalizes everyone. When I see people being callous and prideful I quickly hope that they will get a prolonged sickness that will humble them and make them once again appreciative of all the little blessings we have available to us in this natural world.

I’ll bet that most of you have a lot of great qualities that maybe you wouldn’t of developed if you had lived a normal life. Of course I’m not advocating that any of you decline to try things that have helped others get over the disease. I just assume that your “development time” has been long enough and maybe it is time to return to normalcy.

I tell others that the fruit of the tree is at the end of the branch, where it’s hard to reach, not at the beginning of the branch. Of course crawling out onto the branch involves risk and requires you to pay attention to the good possibilities, not the bad ones. It just is such a disappointing experience when I encounter people with one or more of the same health problems I’ve had and see in their attitude that they aren’t going to try anything their doctor won’t advocate, as if a doctor knew anything about healing.

Last edited: