• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EGCG - what's not to love?

Gondwanaland

Yes I was. The cyrex #5 assay showed positive for them. However, you need multiple positives to confirm.
My husband results show:

CARDIOLIPIN IgG
6,7 GPL (Negative < 15,0 GPL)

CARDIOLIPINA IgM
9,9 MPL (Negative < 12,5 MPL)

I am concerned with the lab ranges that are increasingly lax. When I took this test one year ago it was considered negative if below 10 for both IgG and IgM. What are your reference ranges?

adreno

PR activist
I've just started turmeric and early indications are good.
Turmeric seems like the only phenolic that is tolerable. Others drop BP, drop blood sugar, drop cortisol, inhibit COMT, MAO, AchE - or have some other crappy effects.

The only worry I have is that turmeric (and EGCG) is a TH2 shifter...perhaps this could be a problem for us.

Sidereal

Turmeric seems like the only phenolic that is tolerable. Others drop BP, drop blood sugar, drop cortisol, inhibit COMT, MAO, AchE - or have some other crappy effects.

The only worry I have is that turmeric (and EGCG) is a TH2 shifter...perhaps this could be a problem for us.

Three days after that dose of curcumin I got a huge die-off reaction, joint and muscle pain especially. I think I need to take far less than a whole capsule next time. But yes, phenolic compounds are generally very negative for me. Vegas has written a ton about why phenols are a problem for us on the other thread.