• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ECG with HRV

Boba

Did someone a 24h ecg with heart rate variability ? I just did one and learned that my nervous system is pretty out of whack. My parasympathetic system is nearly not existent during the day, only at nights. One would believe that the sympathetic should work then, but that also doesn’t work properly during the day. Is this a me thing?

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Did someone a 24h ecg with heart rate variability ? I just did one and learned that my nervous system is pretty out of whack. My parasympathetic system is nearly not existent during the day, only at nights. One would believe that the sympathetic should work then, but that also doesn’t work properly during the day. Is this a me thing?
You're not alone. Same for me. That's why watching HR and HRV is so important

Martin aka paused||M.E.

I see. Did this change over time for you? Our bodies are under stress all the time somehow. Did you ever think that Me is just a fucked nervous system or do you think this is a symptom?
I really can't answer it. I think Chia is right with his enteroviral theory. But it could also be immune priming that includes the whole nervous system... Or the metabolic trap... Too many theories out there to draw a conclusion

keepswimming

My parasympathetic system is rarely active during the day. Initially I had nothing to compare my HRV levels with, but since my husband and mum both started tracking their HRV, I've realised their parasympathetic nervous systems are activated so much more than mine (and that is despite my husband suffering with anxiety!). The difference is quite staggering.

I wish I knew what my HRV used to be before getting sick, to compare. My sympathetic nervous system and stress levels rocket during tasks that surely shouldn't take that much energy.

Interestingly, when I'm in a crash, my parasympathetic system is much more active. I read somewhere that if you've pushed yourself too far, your body can basically force itself into recovery mode. I think that's what happens in my case.

junkcrap50

Can you post your HRV stats? SDNN, RMSSD, PNN50, LF, HF, LF/HF, etc.? I'm interested in HRV. I also found out that my HRV and parasympathetic is very very low.

Boba

Can you post your HRV stats? SDNN, RMSSD, PNN50, LF, HF, LF/HF, etc.? I'm interested in HRV. I also found out that my HRV and parasympathetic is very very low.
Sorry I don‘t have any stats, just had a phone call with my cardiologist. She will send me letter, but I don’t know if the data will be attached. If so, I‘ll be happy to share them with u and all.

junkcrap50

Sorry I don‘t have any stats, just had a phone call with my cardiologist. She will send me letter, but I don’t know if the data will be attached. If so, I‘ll be happy to share them with u and all.
Thanks. That's nice that your cardiologist made note & mentioned your HRV findings. I've haven't had much luck getting anyone to take my low HRV very seriously.

kangaSue

I'm interested in HRV.
This is a good article about HRV if you haven't already come across it;
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5624990/

HRV abnormalities are common in a significant percentage of any patient group with impaired GI function (IBS, IBD, gastroparesis, Functional Dyspepsia etc) though so there's implication for disturbed brain-gut interactions to also be a large factor in the impaired autonomic nervous system responses;
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/nmo.13810
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29575352/

Boba

Thanks. That's nice that your cardiologist made note & mentioned your HRV findings. I've haven't had much luck getting anyone to take my low HRV very seriously.
I received the values now:
SDNN: 141,8ms, pNN50:4,18%, rmSSD:23,7ms
Total Power: 2774,9, ULF:409,3, VLF:1535,0, LF:672,2, HF:158,5, log LF/HF:0,596