• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

early menopause with 35- possible cause ME?

Hello everyone here
I was diagnosed with early menopause with 35. I didn't assumed that already and makes me very depressed- more than having ME.
Endocrinologist didn't make the needed tests to diagnose hipopituarism, despite my levels or cortisol are inexistent( I need hydrocortisone replacement but I don't have Addison) so as Progesterone, ACTH ( low levels ) and 0 Testosteron levels.
Its the common gaslight of doctors I experience- they don't care and they don't want to help me
I guess I am slightly dying and the early menopause its a sign of this .

Springbok1988

I have found that none of my doctors do anything until I request specific tests or medications. If you haven’t yet, I would request your estrogen, FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) and LH (Luteinizing Hormone) be checked. Typically, during menopause, LH levels will be much lower than FSH levels and estrogen will be low. If they come back abnormal, which I suspect, then your endocrinologist should have no choice but to treat you. Typically, they will try to throw a bandaid (plaster) over the problem without looking for the cause.
If your test comes back abnormal I would request a GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) stimulation test. All of that can tell you if the problem is stemming from the hypothalamus, pituitary, or ovaries.
But based on your low ACTH and low cortisol, I would want an brain MRI To look for a pituitary issue. Have you had this done?
I’ve never heard of this happening because of ME/CFS, specifically, but it could be from autoimmune disorders or a few other things.
I’m not a doctor. I have a bachelors degree in biology, have some masters level virology courses, and took a class in reproductive medicine.
If your endocrinologist isn’t receptive to your health concerns and requests, you could try your gynecologist. They should be more than willing to run these tests for you.

Last edited:
thanks for your answering.
I asked for it. they told me if I want it I have to pay it myself, there is no reason to do one.
its very discouraging....
they just care if you have a Addison disease.

Springbok1988

I would explain that your endocrinologist wouldn‘t run any tests regarding your menopausal symptoms. Then I’d ask them to check your LH, FSH, and estrogen.
If your results are off then they may want to do a GnRH stimulation test and/or do an MRI.