• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ear Cartilage Pain and Proline

Wishful

A year or two ago, I noticed that my ears (mostly the left) would get sore during the night. I assume it was pressure on the cartilage. Some time after I discovered my sensitivity to proline, and reduced my intake of it, I noticed that I no longer developed sore ears. That's hardly a solid cause and effect, but it does seem like the most likely reason for the change, since proline is so important for cartilage development/maintenance. So, for anyone who suffers from cartilage pain and is desperate for relief, experimenting with a low-proline diet might be worth trying. However, some people might have cartilage problems that are made worse by reducing proline, so watch for that.