• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dysautonomia with viruses

Mohawk1995

Our experience with our son was that he was sensitive to many things which worsened or created new symptoms. These included catching a virus, food sensitivities, stress and low pressure systems. Any problem with sleep and of course significant exertion were problematic too. He did not seem to have light sensitivity or smell issues, but I have heard others do.

Mohawk1995

It took a while for him to get back to "normal" when he was sick. So the symptoms lingered for a bit.

Now that he is recovered, he still has some issues from time to time that are minor and go away on their own. Probably in the "normal spectrum" and similar to other people without ME/CFS.

It took a while for him to get back to "normal" when he was sick. So the symptoms lingered for a bit.

Now that he is recovered, he still has some issues from time to time that are minor and go away on their own. Probably in the "normal spectrum" and similar to other people without ME/CFS.

What symptoms did he exhibit exactly?? Was it just headache??
Thanks for such quick response

Mohawk1995

Sorry for the delay in response. I have been very busy with things.

His initial symptoms were Headache, Loss of part of his vision (sometimes left and sometimes right), brain fog, sleeping 15-16 hours per day.

As time passed the headaches and vision loss became less and the fatigue and brain fog as well as irritability were more prominent.

He also occasionally had other issues including unusual pains in his legs, nausea/vomiting, indigestion, severe sinus congestion and hives. The most scary incident was when he went into Anaphylaxis in the Doctor's office when they were doing routine allergy testing on his skin.

Toward the 5th year prior to treatment, his symptoms were predominantly the fatigue, brain fog and irritability.