• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Richard Firshein offers XMRV Test

Well now I feel kind of stupid because when I try to check it further it says the URL is not working.

I originally received this google alert:

Google News Alert for: XMRV
Tonic
A Comprehensive Approach to Chronic Fatigue
Tonic
This virus goes by the name XMRV. A test for this virus is now currently available in my office. "A year ago, I had the flu. Suddenly my symptoms started to ...

PubMed.gov is supposed to be reliable, yes?

G

George

Growllllllllllllllllllll

Man, for all of the uninformed out there this guy and those like him are just money pumps. That makes me want to bite someone! Him preferably.

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Man, for all of the uninformed out there this guy and those like him are just money pumps. That makes me want to bite someone! Him preferably.

That's the impression I had. Do you know anything specifically about this guy, or just going on the fact he is making these claims about a XMRV test?

George, that was certainly my impression. Grrrrr! Just another shuck trying to make a buck off us.

I had a terrible experience with a DO a few years back who claimed he could cure my FM by forcing the limbs back and forth at the joint to push out the phosphates (Dr. St. Amand protocol) . He left me crippled and in a wheelchair for the next year and took all my money. I learned my lesson!

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Wait! This man is innocent!

Alright, villagers, put away those torches and pitchforks..

I called his office and found out that they merely draw blood at his office and send it out to VIP.

Apart from that one bit of slightly unclear wording, his info on CFS really isn't bad at all... wish I had a doctor like that around here!

I suggest that this thread be deleted before the poor man is unjustly guillotined. Moderators?

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Thanks, Doc. Maybe we could just edit our individual posts. I went through but didn't see anything in mine that was particularly bad.

I think it's worth having a thread up for it if he is offering the testing.

Advocate

Alright, villagers, put away those torches and pitchforks..

Thanks, Dr. Yes. I deleted my post because I had made unwarranted and unfair assumptions about this doctor. If anyone else wants to delete, it's a three-step process. First you click on "Edit Post" and then you click on the rectangle that says "Delete" and finally you click on the little round circle next to the words "Delete message." The little round circle is at the bottom left of the page.

Apart from that one bit of slightly unclear wording, his info on CFS really isn't bad at all... wish I had a doctor like that around here!

I wish you did, too.