• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Patterson on Long Haul Covid vs ME/CFS

hapl808

Yeah, these people specialize in confidence. You would think that confidence would maybe be there because they already solved two incurable diseases and so they figure their third Nobel is a lock. But no, they have vague case reports and 'promising' data collection, which rarely seems to amount to anything beyond what already exists.

Badpack

Yeah, these people specialize in confidence. You would think that confidence would maybe be there because they already solved two incurable diseases and so they figure their third Nobel is a lock. But no, they have vague case reports and 'promising' data collection, which rarely seems to amount to anything beyond what already exists.

I mean, he is the former Medical Director of Diagnostic Virology at Stanford University Hospitals and Clinics. So at least some background is there instead of many other snake oil venders. So he either has really something at hand or is gambling is reputation away. Good thing is, time will tell what it is i guess. Because he really treats ppl. So at some point there will be real data. Not many other scientist can show data , besides their theories they never try to prove or disprove for the next 20 years...

hapl808

Yes, obviously I'm always hoping for the best. I listen to David Sinclair and he always sounds like he's three months away from solving immortality, yet in the end his recommendations seem to be resveratrol, NMN, and maybe some metformin? So again, I'm always hoping but I want to see real repeatable results.

mitoMAN

Yes, obviously I'm always hoping for the best. I listen to David Sinclair and he always sounds like he's three months away from solving immortality, yet in the end his recommendations seem to be resveratrol, NMN, and maybe some metformin? So again, I'm always hoping but I want to see real repeatable results.
gotta love all the David Sinclair hype. Hope Patterson is not the same

Badpack

I def. would try his test kit. But its only USA for now and EU will take another 6 months or so. Costs $420. Not the cheapest but you get some good markers for it. Maybe someone here can test and report back. I will try to mimic most of his lab test with a lab near me.

5vforest

You know, I'm at least grateful that someone else is trying to make connections to "post Lyme".

I have no idea what to make of Patterson's ideas yet, but I'll ask my doctor(s) what they think and try to report back.

bensmith

@Badpack i can give you the long covid support group if you want. I don’t go back there now, it’s too hard since they have all recovered or recovered a lot.

Badpack

@Badpack i can give you the long covid support group if you want. I don’t go back there now, it’s too hard since they have all recovered or recovered a lot.

Well, wouldnt it be extra interesting to go back and find out why hey have all recovered or recovered a lot ?

BrightCandle

Even with ME/CFS in that first year about 80% recover. Its once you go past that point your chances of recovery drop substantially. The high recovery ratio was seen with SARs too and I would bet it has been the case with most epidemics. The problem is that most people who get post viral conditions don't know the history and so assume its something they did and those that still suffer are doing it wrong, that is their ignorance on display.

bensmith

@BrightCandle yes agreed. I just hate seeing them go from being like us, to being like them. The second they get better, at least half of them turn back into the normals. In terms of their thinking.

Like, it hurts to see them go from being dispossessed, and then back to privilege, and not learn any more empathy or logic about the situation.

This might not make sense, I’ve developed brain fog, new for me.

They were all less safe than me anyhow.

Last edited:

Badpack

Seems like the 2 key parts are statins and Maraviroc. Not sure if the rest of his protocol is really needed. Especially the strange hype and cult status around ivermectin seems very suspicious to me. Nether the less, i started now with some statins. Maybe going to add some Maraviroc. But its too expensive for me right now. Either need to wait for Generica or someone who want to shower me in money lol

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-30 um 02.43.32.png

perrier

Seems like the 2 key parts are statins and Maraviroc. Not sure if the rest of his protocol is really needed. Especially the strange hype and cult status around ivermectin seems very suspicious to me. Nether the less, i started now with some statins. Maybe going to add some Maraviroc. But its too expensive for me right now. Either need to wait for Generica or someone who want to shower me in money lol

View attachment 44243
Why are some doctors prescribing Ivermectin to people who have had bad reactions to the covid vaccination? What is the thinking behind that. Thank you

5vforest

You know, I'm at least grateful that someone else is trying to make connections to "post Lyme".

I have no idea what to make of Patterson's ideas yet, but I'll ask my doctor(s) what they think and try to report back.

I wanna add, if anyone knows more about this supposed connection to “post Lyme” or knows Lyme patients who are trying these meds , I would be very grateful to know more.