• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DR OZ SHOW has contacted Donnica Moore

MEKoan

One of the reasons that I'm happy to see Donnica Moore do this and not Dr Peterson is that Dr. Oz is accustomed to being in charge - cutting someone's heart open is not a democratic activity.

I would not like to see Dr Peterson be rushed through a segment on ME/CFS when he has given decades of his life to untying this dreadful knot. Dr Peterson's involvement is deserving of a Frontline documentary.

Thank you, thank you, Dr Peterson!

Koan

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Is this lady going to be on the show with Dr Judy M, or instead of Dr Judy M?

(I thought I read somewhere Dr Judy M was going to be on the Dr Oz show too?).

Judy Mikovits is not definitive... yet, and I don't know if she will be. There is the usual phone tag thing going on right now btwn WPI and the OZ people.

leelaplay

Dr Moore is another amazing person in this field.

Like Dr Friedman, she just replied to me as well - responding to the content of my email, not just sending a generic response.

I hope it's ok to post her response (email etiquette anyone??? she asks after doing it now for the 2nd time) It's my bolds and spacing

Thanks for your thoughtful + touching note. I appreciate your thinking of me for the Dr Oz show. The good news is that

they have reached out to me +

I will be discussing CFS with them on Fri 11-20.

They want to focus on XMRV + are looking for a patient to test.

Thanks again for your support. I will do the best I can to continue to be a voice for CFS patients + the people who love them.
Donnica

More tears in my eyes. I'm so impressed by her.

I'm impressed that the Oz team reached out to her. It appears that they are being responsive to the feedback on the ill-informed factually incorrect and harmful show they did on normal fatigue with ME/CFS mixed in. It seems that they are researching and getting their facts right this time. Bravo. And bravo for a speedy correction. It;s restoring the faith I had in the integrity of the show.

Fri Nov 20 - that's next Friday. I'll be glued to the tv for sure.

Geesh - now I'm going to have to email all the people who told me they were going to stop watching Dr Oz and tell them that it looks like he is making up for his blooper and to get them to watch again.

And how cool is it that they're looking for a patient to test!!!!!:cool:

Love the idea of coordinating ideas for Donnica on this end. Thank you Marylib for volunteering (accepting being volunteered??). And thank you Koan for agreeing to help - you're so media astute.

Heading now to look for that thread...........

islandfinn:)

Marylib

Another sweet note from Dr Donnica

New thread opened up for info to send to Dr Donnica -- please leave your messages for her there.

In the meantime, here is the sweet reply she sent to my email:

Thanks for your thoughtful note. I am so sorry to hear of the extent of your illness. My son is also bedridden this week + it breaks my heart. My husband has been sick for the past 6 weeks, but able to work + get around a little. Hang in there! I will continue to try to be.a voice for CFS sufferers + those who love them.
Donnica

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
I can't stop thinking about all this!

Thanks dreambirdie! I am new here and this forum is keeping me ever hopeful.
I can't wait to see more and more information in public.

"Maybe this time...we'll be lucky, maybe this time, for the first time...love won't hurry away!"
from CABARET

JustJack

Marylib

Delete thread about questions for Dr Donnica?

Seems folks are feeling that we don't need to present questions to Dr Donnica, though she at one point requested it? Kind of confused, sorry:confused:

And it seems now that she knows how to access the forum to see for herself?

I can delete that thread about questions for her if people feel that is best.

Marylib

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Seems folks are feeling that we don't need to present questions to Dr Donnica, though she at one point requested it? Kind of confused, sorry:confused:

And it seems now that she knows how to access the forum to see for herself?

I can delete that thread about questions for her if people feel that is best.

Marylib

Hi Marylib--

I think we don't need to send her anymore personal emails. I don't want to swamp her with these.
As for the other thread with the questions/suggestions... is there any way to bring those posts over here to this thread to consolidate the info and make it easy to find?

I'm not sure what is best... just trying to figure it out. If we can't move the posts, then she can read both threads if she wants to.