• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DR OZ SHOW has contacted Donnica Moore

Dreambirdie

work in progress
NEWS UPDATE RE: DR OZ SHOW:

I wanted to make sure that this message got seen, so I gave it its own post. I received an email back from Donnica Moore this a.m. and here it is.
(For more info see Dan's thread: DR OZ LOOKING FOR CFS PATIENTS)

Thanks for your kind + thoughtful email. I agree with you about the previous segment of Dr. Oz confusing chronic fatigue + CFS. Before I had a chance to contact his producers, however, they reached out to me. Now we're at the phone tag stage! I'll have the CFIDS folks post the info about the segment if + when it airs.

BTW: you may not know this about me, but both my son + my husband have CFS. I feel your pain.
Best regards
Donnica
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

leelaplay

whoo hoooo

WPI
Dr Moore

Seems that they're reaching out to some of the right people this time!

"And now, ........right here on our stage....... for all you youngsters out there...we've got a shew for you folks, a really big shew "
(a bad imitation of Ed Sullivan for all you youngsters)

islandfinn:)

MEKoan

Donnica Moore is exactly the person they should have on the show. She understands the medium beautifully. She speaks in swift, info. packed, stand alone, nuggets. She is as close to edit proof as a person can get. And, she is telegenic; it would be a very good choice for the Oz people.

I am gutted for her that both her husband and her son have this.

Fingers crossed!

MEKoan

Now, we should wish the Oz people well because they are sure to be keeping a virtual finger on the pulse of our population. If they google any number of relevant words or terms (CFS, XMRV, ME) and Dr Oz, they will get us along with the other forums.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to wish them well! I would like also to thank them for whatever work they are doing on our behalf.

We appreciate all efforts they are making to create some good television about our mysterious and fascinating illness.

;)

Koan

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Very funny Koan!

And speaking on behalf of all the highly intelligent and multi talented chronics of our virtual forum... I would also like to harp in as to just how HUGELY we appreciate Dr Oz and his remarkable production staff of researchers, who, as we hope, are googling ever closer to the truth with each passing micro minute.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
YES! YES! YES! DONNICA MOORE ON DR OZ SHOW

Here is my email correspondence with Donnica about it. Please NOTE the bold.
(Start at the bottom,if you want it to make sense.)

Subject: Re: Please contact Dr Oz re: show on CFS

As definite as tv "commitments" ever are! These things are always subject to last minute changes.
Feel free to let me know if there are points I missed or need to emphaaize that weren't conveyed in the GMA Health segment.
Best regards
Donnica

To: <drdonnica@aol.com>

Do you mean they'll be posted on Dr Oz Show's website?
And when you say you "just confirmed with the Dr Oz Show," does that mean you will definitely be on??? If so, you will have a BIG bunch of very happy PWC's.

On Nov 12, 2009, at 12:12 PM, drdonnica@aol.com wrote:

Good question! I'm assuming they usually post these things on their website + on Facebook.
I just confirmed with Dr. Oz Show that the segment will be Fri 11-20.
Best regards
Donnica

Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:23:48 -0800
To: <drdonnica@aol.com>

WOW! This is good! Thanks for getting back to me about it.

One question: where EXACTLY will you "have the CFIDS folks post the info about the segment"? Please clarify where this will be. Thanks again.

On Nov 12, 2009, at 11:08 AM, drdonnica@aol.com wrote:

xxxxx:
Thanks for your kind + thoughtful email. I agree with you about the previous segment of Dr. Oz confusing chronic fatigue + CFS. Before I had a chance to contact his producers, however, they reached out to me. Now we're at the phone tag stage! I'll have the CFIDS folks post the info about the segment if + when it airs.
BTW: you may not know this about me, but both my son + my husband have CFS. I feel your pain.
Best regards
Donnica

Marylib

Thank you dreambirdie

This is very promising news. Seems like one must experience ME/CFS or have a family member experience it to understand....guess this is true of many things in life, which is sad.
I will write to Dr Donnica.

M

misskoji

Dreambirdie

Thank you soooooooo much for this exciting news!!! I will also write my thanks to Dr. Moore.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Misskoji--

I am really happy about this. :):):)

I sent the Oz Show the youtube videos of Donnica Moore about three times, so maybe that helped get them interested.

She is DEFINITELY a great choice. It's a win win win situation. YIP-eee, YA-hoo-eeeeeee!

Marylib

An idea

I am wondering if, instead of lots of individual emails, what if we write to Dr Donnica as a group to let her know what we would like to see her cover that was missed on GMA?
I just wrote her a thank you email and then read what Dreambirdie said about points we would like to see covered.

What do you all think about this?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I am wondering if, instead of lots of individual emails, what if we write to Dr Donnica as a group to let her know what we would like to see her cover that was missed on GMA?

What do you all think about this?

That sounds like a good idea. But HOW do we organize it?
Would you like to be in charge of putting it together?

V99

I saw her on youtube too. She's great. :D

You have some fantastic voices over there in the USA. Perhaps the ones here in the UK will start to get airtime very soon.

Marylib

Haha! I was gonna nominate you Dreambirdie!
But yes I will do my best to put it together -- maybe Koan could help too.

I only have a brief time each day to work on it, but if we can gather suggestions and have them sent to me (where? private messages?) then I can certainly collate/edit something for us all to read and approve.

Marylib

Replying to myself

Maybe we just need to start a thread for this -- get everyone to post what they would like to have covered. Then I pull it together from the postings.

Would that work? Sounds like the easiest way to me

Finch

Down With the Sickness
Wonderful!

This is wonderful, Dreambirdie! Thank you so much for this!

MEKoan

Clever PWC!

Yes, let's NOT bombard the woman with emails.

I'll be on the lookout for a new thread re this and will review GMA.

Good of her to welcome feedback. Good thinking that we should make getting it as easy on her as we can.

Let me know what I can do. Just know my thinkers broke.

:D
Koan

MEKoan

V99

We, in NA, have absolutely no intention of leaving you guys without a voice. We are not in a new reality unless we are all in a new reality.

One community!

C

cold_taste_of_tears

Is this lady going to be on the show with Dr Judy M, or instead of Dr Judy M?

(I thought I read somewhere Dr Judy M was going to be on the Dr Oz show too?).

Either way, good news for people in the states to have someone back the team and not bankrupt it.