• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Judy Mikovits and Dr Frank Ruscetti start their own web site

Countrygirl

To let you know that Dr Judy Mikovits and Dr Frank Ruscetti now have their own web site, which you can navigate from the link below.

http://www.marconsultinginc.com/

MAR Consulting Inc.

0207473d2d8fb9ba6687845e96e72e05

For consulting or inquiries click the contact tab above, or e-mail: info@marconsultinginc.com

Francis W. Ruscetti, PhD

Judy A. Mikovits, PhD

MISSION STATEMENT

MAR Consulting Inc., led by Drs. Frank Ruscetti and Judy Mikovits, seeks to understand complex and innovative biological issues to yield unbiased integrated, cutting-edge information for patients and physicians impacted by some of the most challenging chronic diseases. Utilizing their combined 75 years experience in tumor biology, immunobiology of retroviral-associated inflammatory diseases, cancer, stem cell biology, hematopoiesis, and drug development, MAR focuses on research projects, consulting (to patients doctors, academia, and industry)
and lecturing without the restrictive authority of vested interest groups, following Thomas Jefferson's dictum: "Here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate error so long as freedom is left free to
combat it."

MAR Consulting Inc.

3770d07c34234fbde4f92274990c38ca

Judy A. Mikovits has spent her life training to be a research scientist to honor her grandfather who died of cancer when she was a teenager. Dr. Mikovits earned her BA from University of Virginia and PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from George Washington University. In her 35-year quest to understand and treat chronic diseases, she has studied immunology, natural products chemistry, epigenetics, virology and drug development. In just over twenty years she rose from an entry-level lab technician to become director of the lab of Antiviral Drug Mechanisms at the National Cancer Institute before leaving to direct the Cancer Biology program at EpiGenX Pharmaceuticals in Santa Barbara California, where she had met and married David Nolde in 2000. There in 2006, she became attracted to the plight of patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Autism. In only five years she developed the first neuroimmune institute from a concept to a reality and is primarily responsible for demonstrating the relationship between immune based inflammation and these diseases. She has published over 50 scientific papers.

MAR Consulting Inc.

Francis W. Ruscetti has spent his adult years as a research scientist attempting to contribute to mankind's knowledge of the biology of chronic diseases. Dr. Ruscetti earned his PhD in Microbiology from the University of Pittsburgh. In his 40 year career, he held many biomedical research positions at the National Cancer Institute. Dr. Ruscetti was a co-discoverer of paradigm changes in immunology (growth of immune cells), hematology (stem cell regulation, myeloid cell differentiation), and virology (first disease causing human retrovirus). He has published over 320 scientific papers. He and his wife of 44 years, Sandra, also an eminent cancer researcher, have one son, Marcus and live in Carlsbad CA, fulfilling an lifelong dream to live by the sea

Judy's new book about the last few years is now Amazon's Best Seller at number one in Virology. Here: http://www.amazon.com/Plague-Scientist’s-Intrepid-Retroviruses-Syndrome/dp/1626365652/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392650453&sr=8-1&keywords=plague heckenlively

If one orders it now before the final publication day in May it is available at a substantial reduction.

C.G.

Last edited:

xchocoholic

Mikovits ... in section under her picture, when refering to cfs and autism ...

"is primarily responsible for demonstrating the relationship between immune based inflammation and these diseases. "

What does this mean?

Also, the amount of info was overwhelming to me. Is there a take away message in this?

I'm not familiar with the medical terminology used in the papers written. Were there significant findings in these ? Or were the results common knowledge among researchers? If so, without getting too deep, what?

Thanks. X

Countrygirl

I'm sorry about the mass of information that was posted above, xchocoholic.
There is a moral to the story. Never, never take a zopiclone and try to post a message on Phoenix Rising or any forum while waiting for it to take effect. It always has had disastrous consequences which will have confused half the world before you wake from a drugged sleep to discover with horror what you have done.

I hope it makes more sense now.

Back to the endless cups of coffee while I wait for the zopiclone-induced haze to lift.:bang-head:

Last edited:

Iquitos

If they are in California, maybe they can do some research on the medical benefits of cannabis. It sure is helping me to be taking CBD drops. I haven't slept this well in 30+ years of ME and my pain has been reduced by at least 80% and continues to lessen little by little. I've only been taking them for about 5 weeks.

Or move to Colorado where the state is setting aside money for such research.