• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Illya Singh on Dr. Racaniello's Program - Send her questions.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Dr. Illya Singh - a prominent prostate XMRV researcher and now engaged in a major study in CFS with Dr. Bateman and Dr. Light, will be talking with Dr. Racaniello this Friday. You can send your questions to Dr. Racaniello.
Dr. Ila Singh is scheduled for this Friday's TWiV. Please let your
community know that they can send scientific questions (twiv@twiv.tv)
which I'll ask Dr. Singh during the show. Thanks.

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Dr. Illya Singh - a prominent prostate XMRV researcher and now engaged in a major study in CFS with Dr. Bateman and Dr. Light, will be talking with Dr. Racaniello this Friday. You can send your questions to Dr. Racaniello.

OMG! OMG! OMG! I can't wait, what time, (BOING, BOING, BOING, BOING, doing the doggy boingy dance here!)

CBS

Don't Bateman and Light receive CAA funding? And what is Dr. Singh doing associating with the tainted CAA?

V99

Do you really want me to point out the sarcasm?

People have a right to be critical of the CAA.

CBS

Do you really want me to point out the sarcasm?

People have a right to be critical of the CAA.

No need.

v99 - As for sarcasm and humour, they are therapeutic, and sometimes convey more than just the bare facts of the case. Which also can be of value.

So when is sarcasm OK? When the target isn't you?

LaurelW

OMG! OMG! OMG! I can't wait, what time, (BOING, BOING, BOING, BOING, doing the doggy boingy dance here!)

Me too! Me too! Now if I could just clear the brain fog enough to figure out an intelligent question. How about, "When are you going to come up with a cure?"

V99

I know she wont tell us, but how about, how's the study going?

CBS

Why, are you targeting me?

It's not you. I am targeting the argument that the snide and sarcastic are part of a constructive dialog. To me the problem is that it is all fun and games until you're the target. I know these sorts of exchanges are exhausting and can do real harm. I don't want that for you and I don't want that for anyone else on these forums. This ought to be a place for vigorous discussion and I have no issues with questions, constructive criticism, and the expression of anger or frustration. We all go through these in spades and in order for all of that not to get out of control, this needs to be a place where decorum and respect and goodwill in the form of not jumping to conclusions about the intent of others are the rule. Sarcasm and snide remarks infer intent or callous disregard.

I didn't want to hurt you but it wouldn't be honest of me to say that I didn't want you to feel the sting of a standard that you were trying to defend. Enough?

ETA: Sarcasm also has a way of hijacking threads in a heart beat. This thread is important and it deserves not to be interfered with.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
It's not you. I am targeting the argument that the snide and sarcastic are part of a constructive dialog.

No you are not, you are being a bully. No one is advocating "snide and sarcastic". Except you.

V99

I don't have a problem if it is me, but you just used sarcasm to support the CAA, when you keep saying that you hate the use of sarcasm to criticise the CAA. You can't have it both ways. Sorry to point this out, but I haven't felt any sting, not one. I just believe that people should be able to question and criticise any organisation they wish to.

I'm not sure what I think of the CAA, my experience is with the charities in the UK, which are generally a disgrace, except for a couple of them. However, I have seen others express valid reasons for bringing the CAA to task. Perhaps I will feel the same way, perhaps not, it depends on what I learn about them, and how they act.

Otis

Señor Mumbler

Probably not. I sent that question to the CAA in hopes of getting some info. The lockdown pre-pub is extra tight right now. Perhaps if we listen carefully we can hear something between the lines.

Can't wait.

VillageLife

Im really pleased Dr. Illya Singh is coming on! I really like her.
Well my question would be, if xmrv is it! then when would drugs be available to treat us, if everything went to plan?
thats my question, I will email it now.

CBS

I don't have a problem if it is me, but you just used sarcasm to support the CAA, when you keep saying that you hate the use of sarcasm to criticise the CAA. You can't have it both ways. Sorry to point this out, but I haven't felt any sting, not one. I just believe that people should be able to question and criticise any organisation they wish to.

I'm not sure what I think of the CAA, my experience is with the charities in the UK, which are generally a disgrace, except for a couple of them. However, I have seen others express valid reasons for bringing the CAA to task. Perhaps I will feel the same way, perhaps not, it depends on what I learn about them, and how they act.

I used sarcasm (this one time) to make a point about the sweeping damage done by sarcasm when the truth of the matter is far more complicated and nuanced. My feelings about the CAA (and the WPI and nearly every other advocacy organization that I can think of) are far more complex than that and probably not dissimilar from yours.

V99

Probably not. I sent that question to the CAA in hopes of getting some info. The lockdown pre-pub is extra tight right now. Perhaps if we listen carefully we can hear something between the lines.

Can't wait.

How about one cough for 'good', two for 'it ain't going to happen'?

LaurelW

Definitely. I saw Dr. Bateman a couple weeks ago, and she wouldn't tell me anything. Not even an expected finish date. I hope no news is good news.

We are having an all-day CFS conference here on Sept. 11--Dr. Ila Singh is going to talk during the physician-only section. I so wish they would let us laypeople into those sessions.:Sign Please:

CBS

Definitely. I saw Dr. Bateman a couple weeks ago, and she wouldn't tell me anything. Not even an expected finish date. I hope no news is good news.

We are having an all-day CFS conference here on Sept. 11--Dr. Ila Singh is going to talk during the physician-only section. I so wish they would let us laypeople into those sessions.:Sign Please:

I'm very much looking forward to the CFS conference being put on by OFFER. I'm trying to get my PCP to attend.

V99

I remember Racaniello saying he would be interviewing Singh, but that was weeks ago. I wonder why it has taken so long? I will assume it was the research.

CBS

Here's the link to the OFFER conference web-site: http://www.offerutah.org/conferences.htm

The physician conference registration is being administered by Intermountain Heath Care (IHC). IHC is a huge provider in the region (probably provides some where in the neighborhood of 70% of all the care in the intermountain region of the west slope of the Rockies). Nice to see them so involved. I understand that at some point, a video of portions of the conference will be made available.