• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Fauci introduces new acronym for Long Covid called "PASC"

bensmith

@Gemini I’m too sick to watch (ironically the signing is killing my disability lol). Can you mention what he says?

Gingergrrl

After 6 months with symptoms of fatigue, brain fog, PEM, I prefer the term MECFS over Long Covid or PXYZ#%^*—because that what it is—MECFS.

Do you mean that you prefer that the term "Long COVID" is not used at all and that the term ME/CFS should be used for everyone who has had COVID but not fully recovered within six months?

Abrin

Honestly, I wish they would just call it 'post-viral fatigue syndrome'.

It isn't like it didn't exist before Covid-19 and it would help so that more doctors would start paying attention to all the rest of us who have a similar type of symptom subset.

My greatest fear is that all the money and research are going to just go into Long Covid (or whatever they end up calling it) and that they are going to try to treat it like nothing similar has ever happened before.

Maybe I am just bitter after all these years but it is the vibe I am getting off of Dr. Fauci saying Long Covid is "alarming" and "puzzling" as if it is somehow sitting in a category all on its own with nothing similar to compare it too.

The petty part of me thinks there is this rush to name it so that all the doctor's names can go down in all the medical science textbooks and everyone else who is sick with something with a less 'medically sexy' name will just get left behind.

Last edited:

Gemini

@Gemini I’m too sick to watch (ironically the signing is killing my disability lol). Can you mention what he says?
I'm sorry you're not feeling well @bensmith and hope you'll feel better soon.

Sure, during the interview Fauci said he doesn't like the term "hauler" because it reminds him of "truckers." Then he added, when asked, that he was okay with "Long Term COVID."

Mainstream US media continues to use "long hauler" as per this Collins/Nath interview March 1s:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ong-covid-study-collins-nath-interview.83089/

Gingergrrl

Sure, during the interview Fauci said he doesn't like the term "hauler" because it reminds him of "truckers." Then he added, when asked, that he was okay with "Long Term COVID." Mainstream US media continues to use "long hauler" as per this Collins/Nath interview March 1s:

I don't really like "Long Hauler" either and just prefer "Long COVID" (at least for now to keep it simple and clear).

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
I'm sorry you're not feeling well @bensmith and hope you'll feel better soon.

Sure, during the interview Fauci said he doesn't like the term "hauler" because it reminds him of "truckers." Then he added, when asked, that he was okay with "Long Term COVID."

Mainstream US media continues to use "long hauler" as per this Collins/Nath interview March 1s:

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ong-covid-study-collins-nath-interview.83089/
Thats silly, its a personal beef then, not a professional one.
I could understand something like PCS (Post Covid Syndrome)