• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: The World According to Sharpe.

Countrygirl

https://www.virology.ws/2021/04/15/...WhDZN3FqCUWF6FFcyz74h-VoW7G6RExsZ85xZ5HwfZO0M

Trial By Error: The World According to Sharpe
15 April 2021 by David Tuller 2 Comments

*April is crowdfunding month at Berkeley. I conduct this project as a senior fellow in public health and journalism at the university’s Center for Global Public Health. If you would like to support the project with a donation to Berkeley (tax-deductible for US taxpayers), here’s the place: https://crowdfund.berkeley.edu/project/25504

By David Tuller, DrPH

Poor Professor Michael Sharpe. The distinguished psychiatrist from Oxford University has a dilemma. His science sucks big-time, and he can’t defend it effectively with standard argumentation. He does not seem to grasp why people have called the PACE trial fraudulent, so he lashes out, trying to bully and bluff his way through the mess by accusing critics of
harassment. In doing so, he has a tendency to score own goals—such as insulting a member of Parliament for engaging in behavior “not becoming” her post. (In the UK, these are apparently fighting words when you’re talking about a member of Parliament. The behavior in question involved criticizing the PACE trial.)
And now Professor Sharpe has stumbled into a major pissing match with Guardian columnist George Monbiot. Hey, grab some beers and pull up the chairs! This could be fun!
I’ve also been one of Professor Sharpe’s targets. Luckily, he hasn’t accused me of causing Long COVID, as he has Monbiot.