• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Some Lightning Process Updates

Countrygirl

https://www.virology.ws/2021/07/13/...L0KtXY-xHLFXcUXaolInFywErvuZGDLjRZj55rVqhlAIw

Trial By Error: Some Lightning Process Updates
13 July 2021 by David Tuller Leave a Comment

By David Tuller, DrPH
A Final Round in Norway
Lightning Process supporters got some bad news recently when a Norwegian national research ethics panel rejected a proposed study because it was poorly designed and fraught with conflicts of interest, as I wrote about here. But that wasn’t the end of the drama.

Although the ethics panel’s decision was meant to be final and not subject to appeal, the study team appealed anyway, sending a long letter to the ethics panel defending the trial’s methodology and disputing the charges of conflicts of interest. The ethics panel agreed to take up the issue one more time. After another review, the panel reinforced its initial action by firmly rejecting the proposed study a second time. The ethics panel has made clear that it is not categorically against research into the Lightning Process—just this inadequate effort...............

Who is ‘Voices of Recovery’?

I’ve checked out the website of a group called Voices of Recovery, which carries the headline “Live a Life You Love.” This group has become an official stakeholder in the ongoing process of the UK’s National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to create new clinical guidelines for ME/CFS. In November, NICE released a draft version that explicitly recommended against the LP, and invited comments from stakeholders. The agency is scheduled to release a final version next month.

According to the Voices of Recovery website, the organization was “founded in 2020 to represent the voices of those that have fully recovered from chronic illness, particularly Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) and fibromyalgia…We know these diagnoses are not a life sentence! We have over 50 members who have all fully recovered to prove otherwise.”.................

New Crawley-Parker Paper on LP and CBT
One of the arguments that LP proponents have made in its favor is that it is like CBT in some ways. This debating point arose during the debates in Norway over that now-defunct proposed trial. Professor Michael Sharpe, one of the three lead PACE investigators, has said the LP “has similarities to cognitive behaviour therapy.”

In some people’s minds, I guess, comparing the LP to CBT is meant as a sign of respect and validation for the former—the presumption being that CBT itself enjoys a positive reputation. Viewed from a sideways perspective, it looks more like the reverse–that these experts are essentially affirming that their version of CBT is a muddle of nonsense like the LP, with both interventions based on unproven mechanisms of action...........

Countrygirl

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
We have over 50 members who have all fully recovered to prove otherwise.”.................

Given that "a recent UK biobank study places that estimate at 30 million" for the number of ME patients in the UK, "...50 members who had fully recovered..." seems like a very laughable number.

It's laughable in an "the Emperor has no clothes" kinda way.

And they think we're the ones imagining things!!! :eek:

I mean don't ya just want to be able to yell at these people, "Give it up already!!!"

Edit: Oops...I read that wrong. The 30 mil is worldwide but the UK estimate is still 250,000 even so 50 still seems laughable.

Last edited:

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
According to the Voices of Recovery website, the organization was “founded in 2020 to represent the voices of those that have fully recovered from chronic illness, particularly Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) and fibromyalgia
Obviously a front group :yuck:

Countrygirl

This is the outfit claiming to cure ME.https://www.thebodymindprogramme.co...hIe06dA2ND-mB2dXL5jvoDSd8r786q8_4nF8VfJH32oBs

Someone in one of the Facebook groups said it costs £60 for a phone call, but if you want to be cured the price is £1500.:whistle: :bang-head:

The bad news is that to get to the clinic you have to climb two flights of stairs, which, it was estimated, would be beyond at least 50% of ME patients anyway.

But never fear, apparently, the cure works just as well over the phone....provided you have crossed their hand with £1500, of course. :D

Last edited:

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
This is the outfit claiming to cure ME.https://www.thebodymindprogramme.co...hIe06dA2ND-mB2dXL5jvoDSd8r786q8_4nF8VfJH32oBs

Someone in one of the Facebook groups said it costs £60 for a phone call, but if you want to be cured the price is £150.:whistle: :bang-head:

The bad news is that to get to the clinic you have to climb two flights of stairs, which, it was estimated, would be beyond at least 50% of ME patients anyway.

But never fear, apparently, the cure works just as well over the phone....provided you have crossed their hand with £1500, of course. :D
Me thinks this information should be made part of any future ethical panel inquiry.

Countrygirl

And while we are on the topic our favourite occultist and 'I-can-pass-my spirit-into-you' practitioner is targetting his new patient community.

https://lightningprocess.com/i-would-be-a-shadow-of-my-current-self-without-the-lightning-process/

I would be a shadow of my current self without the Lightning Process
“I am a Covid 19 long hauler having been through Covid, pneumonia and being left with post viral fatigue symptoms which prevented me doing very much at all. My body hurt all over, I had to choose what I might try to do each day, I wanted to sleep but sleep gave little relief from the pain and fatigue. I knew of the Lightning Process and it’s success with Chronic Fatigue and decided I had nothing to lose and much to maybe, gain.

I looked at the practitioners, read the lead in book and selected Lauren. Why? Well she seemed to smile a lot in her pictures, seemed lively and upbeat when I spoke to her, was very positive and inspired and challenged me to try the process. I was unsure about doing the course via Zoom but Lauren convinced me this would be fine. It was! And she was all that I had assumed about her and much more. The best thing she did? After the first check up a week after the course when I was a bit down because I hadn’t achieved 100% wellness, she sent me a lovely uplifting and inspiring email.

As a result of completing the course and carrying on with the daily work of the process,......