• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Northwestern Law Professor Steve Lubet’s View of that Wall Street Journal Editorial

Countrygirl

Trial By Error: Northwestern Law Professor Steve Lubet’s View of that Wall Street Journal Editorial

6 April 2021 by David Tuller 3 Comments

By David Tuller, DrPH
I’ve already posted my thoughts about the ill-informed opinion piece by a psychiatrist-in-training that The Wall Street Journal published two weeks ago. The author’s dismissal of the Long COVID phenomenon as a result of delusions and mental illness elicited a lot of sharp responses online. The Wall Street Journal itself published a strong rebuttal from one of the author’s peers–a psychiatric resident in New York. He answered a few of my questions here.

My friend and colleague Steve Lubet, a law professor at Northwestern University in Chicago, wrote his own response, which was posted today on a site called Social Science Space. Here’s a description of the site itself: “Social Science Space brings social scientists together to explore, share and shape the big issues in social science, from funding to impact. This online social network features blogs with the most current thinking from key players in social science, a forum for discussions, a resource center with free videos, reports and slides that support these discussions, as well as funding and job opportunity notices.
You can read Professor Lubet’s article at Social Science Space here. I have also re-posted it in full below, with his permission......................