• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Letter to Senior Author of Norway’s CBT-Music Therapy Study

Countrygirl

https://www.virology.ws/2020/05/22/...Dkj2e29sydZEQz8KzEmUkFwIqer2MnSYVFO1WTVRy7oMU

Trial By Error: My Letter to Senior Author of Norway’s CBT-Music Therapy Study
22 MAY 2020
By David Tuller, DrPH
In the past week, I have written three posts about a Norwegian study of cognitive behavior therapy plus music therapy for adolescents with chronic fatigue after acute Epstein-Barr virus infection–an illness known as mononucleosis in the US and glandular fever in the UK. The corresponding author of the study is Vegard Bruun Wyller, a professor at the University of Oslo’s Institute of Clinical Medicine.
Professor Wyller is also involved with a planned Norwegian trial of the Lightning Process, which has stirred up controversy and led to misinformed coverage in Dagbladet, a major news organization. On Thursday, I sent a letter to Professor Wyller inviting him to respond to my concerns on Virology Blog.I have posted the first letter below.

I also sent a letter to Dagbladet in which I noted, among other things, that the reporter forgot to include my Berkeley position and academic credentials. I will give the news organization a bit of time to publish the letter before posting it myself.
Dear Professor Wyller–

I am an investigative journalist and an academic fellow at the School of Public Health at the University of California, Berkeley. I frequently write about research in the domains of CFS, ME and other so-called medically unexplained symptoms. Much of my work appears on Virology Blog, a science site hosted by Professor Vincent Racaniello, a microbiologist at Columbia University. (I have cc’d Professor Racaniello on this e-mail.)...........