• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: My Exchange with Minnesota Medical Center Holding ME/CFS Patient

Countrygirl

https://www.virology.ws/2021/01/26/...HtndrYZ_hRIC6vw0xWNxpzpN2bKP-xi6B0KY9meTP0TrA

Trial By Error: My Exchange with Minnesota Medical Center Holding ME/CFS Patient
26 JANUARY 2021
By David Tuller, DrPH

On Monday afternoon, I had an e-mail exchange with Christine Hill, a spokeswoman for the Hennepin Healthcare in Minnesota. Thane Fredrickson, an ME/CFS patient, is currently under threat of involuntary psychiatric commitment. Because of patient privacy concerns, it was clear the medical center would not be able to provide any specific information. But reporters are still obliged to ask questions even when the answer will inevitably be “no comment.” Receiving such an inquiry also alerts an institution, in this case Hennepin Healthcare, that an issue is of public concern and that its actions are being observed.

Thane has lawyers working on his behalf and, as I understand it, is still awaiting a hearing on his case.

The e-mail exchange with the medical center is below.