• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Goodbye Australia and two updates

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2018/04/25/trial-by-error-goodbye-australia-and-two-updates/

Trial By Error: Goodbye, Australia; and Two Updates
25 APRIL 2018
By David Tuller, DrPH

I’m now at the airport in Sydney waiting for my 12:45 pm flight back home. I arrive in San Francisco at 9:30 am this morning—-gotta love that one-day time change, at least in the eastward direction! I’ve had an amazing six weeks here. I met lots of new friends, connected with others I’d only known online, made sure to have some non-ME/CFS excursions and adventures, and conducted a successful crowdfunding campaign so I can continue this project for another year. (That campaign will continue through April 30th; I met my initial $75,000 goal and am now seeking to reach $85,000, thanks to a $5,000 matching grant.)

I cried on national TV and made home visits to patients unable to attend events. I was also so pleased to be able to spend a little bit of time with one of my heroes, Alem Matthees, and his lovely mum and family. (More on that in a later post.)

Back