• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Fiona Godlee Doubles Down on Lightning Process Study

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/12/06/t...wcmT-i22QaD5Vhi7zIUZ-pEKhSOLx9NburDtXG9AS2snI

Trial By Error: Fiona Godlee Doubles Down on Lightning Process Study

6 DECEMBER 2019

By David Tuller, DrPH

Earlier this week, Dr Fiona Godlee, editorial director of BMJ, e-mailed me in response to concerns expressed about the study of the Lightning Process published in Archives of Disease in Childhood, one of the journals under her purview. Those concerns were expressed in an open letter to her signed by 72 scientists, clinicians and other experts, along with more than 60 patient and advocacy organizations.

I sent that letter to Dr Godlee in late November. I had previously sent her the letter, with fewer signatories, in July. She had not previously responded.

Dr Godlee’s letter to me is below. It is disappointing, if not particularly surprising. In this case, BMJ’s abdication of its editorial obligations continues.

Dear Dr Tuller,

I am writing in response to your emails dated 28 August and 25 November. I recognize that it has taken me some time to reply.

I have reviewed the issues raised in your complaint and have discussed the matter at length with my editorial colleagues and our statistical advisors......................

Last edited by a moderator:

Loomcgoo

Worse than even that, or at least probably just as bad, when it's touted as a 'cure' for something like, say, ME/CFS, it kills hope and trust, too.

For some of us, hope is pretty much all that's keeping us struggling forward .... when that's gone, too ......
Absolutely, well said, it is so damaging and we're already suffering enough, and the damage to the little crucial hope/trust we have has to be shown for the crime it is:thumbsup::hug: