• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Celine Corsius–In Memorium

Countrygirl

https://virology.ws/.../trial-by-error-celine-corsius.../...

Trial By Error: Celine Corsius–In Memorium​

Leave a Comment / By David Tuller / 1 October 2023
By David Tuller, DrPH
Céline Corsius, a 32-year-old from the Netherlands, died through euthanasia on September 18th after suffering with ME for 22 years. For the last seven years, she was confined to her bed, lying in the dark. Even so, her health situation continued to deteriorate. She was cared for by her parents, Iselle and Lou Corsius. Below I am posting translations of the eulogies given by Iselle, Lou and Celine’s brother Philip at a memorial service held yesterday—September 30th. A recording of the event will be viewable for a month at this link, with this viewer code: A3AA4367.
Iselle Corsius
Dear friends and family,

We would like to welcome you to this funeral, including all online participants.
First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for the overwhelming support that Céline and we have received in recent months. We had many messages, cards, letters, flowers and gifts: heart-warming and very valuable to us.
The fact that people acknowledged her health situation and her euthanasia decision was very important to Céline.
In a moment I will tell Céline’s life story.

Lou will discuss how the disease ME is viewed in the Netherlands and what the consequences have been for Céline.
Philip will bring back fond memories of Céline.
Céline has selected all the music for this occasion. We will introduce the songs briefly and 4 recordings of Céline’s own music performances will be presented................

lenora

Another sad story, @Countrygirl. At least she had a way out (not that she should have had it.....there should be other ways of handling this), but I know what it is to feel hopeless at times.

Tell us you story, if you want. We would love to hear how you find people and do your best to help them.

Many blessings for Celine and her loving family. So sad. Yours, Lenora