• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: Carol Monaghan Scores Another Parliamentary Debate

Countrygirl

http://www.virology.ws/2019/01/21/t...2H2I3YXvocOi2-4qTpuugpInviG9o-z4pvaUuYyLhg2Ow

Trial By Error: Carol Monaghan Scores Another Parliamentary Debate
21 JANUARY 2019
By David Tuller, DrPH

Carol Monaghan, a member of Parliament from the Glasgow area, has done it again. This week she is spearheading a three-hour debate in the House of Commons about the awful situation confronting ME patients in the UK. (The organizers of this debate are using ME, not CFS or ME/CFS or CFS/ME. As readers know, the issue of what to call the disease or cluster of diseases is fraught.)

This will be the third parliamentary debate she has organized in the last year. The difference this time around is that the debate will be held in the House of Commons itself, not in Westminster Hall like the first two. House of Commons debates are a much bigger deal. They tend to receive more press attention and have a greater potential impact on policy developments going forward. They also allow for a vote on a motion put forward by the organizers. (Of course, given Brexit insanity, it’s unclear how much coverage anything else will get, just as Trump insanity overwhelms every other issue in U.S. news coverage.)

The first two debates were held in February and June. In these initial forays, Monaghan focused on the PACE trial, among other issues. In doing so, she provided the single most damning quote about the study that I’ve heard from anyone in UK politics. “I think that when the full details of the trial become known, it will be considered one of the biggest medical scandals of the 21st century,” she declared.

(I have suggested that this claim is too modest. When the full details become known, it could be considered one of the biggest medical scandals of the millennium—even though the millennium is only 19 years old.)

Along with three other MPs, Monaghan presented her case for the new debate in late October. More than 30 MPs overall supported the call for the House of Commons debate, so the push is a cross-party affair, not a partisan issue. Apparently members from across the political spectrum have recognized the stunning failures of the UK medical and academic establishments in this particular situation. Many undoubtedly became aware of the problems through contact with constituents suffering from the illness, which is how Monaghan stumbled onto it. Before that, she said, she knew next to nothing about the issue or about the PACE trial.

(Here is a Q-and-A with Carol Monaghan I posted .................

SilverbladeTE

One of the biggest medical crimes and ATROCITIES of all time
just a re-spin of Eugenics and we all know where that led to...and not just the Holocaust, folk all over the world were sterilized without their knowledge or consent, sectioned into asylums even though they were sane, screwed out of pensions and welfare, some even murdered
From some American states to Switzerland it went on up to the 1980s :(

similar crimes, same inhuman arrogance, same denial of compassion and facts, deliberately denying treatment and research to help to 17 million patients is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY, it is genocide and those responsible should be dragged in front of a "Nuremberg Court" and dealt with

but hey, you kill 1 person is a tragedy...kill a million, it's just a statistic.... :(

Last edited by a moderator: