• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr David Tuller: A Letter to Occupational Medicine From Brian Hughes & Me About Prof Chalder’s Latest Disaster

Countrygirl

https://www.virology.ws/2021/12/16/...nHYNzMLtGpYVppQxXSDnlI0te5ChJ01V0PnQ5-RdOlEaQ

Trial By Error: A Letter to Occupational Medicine From Brian Hughes & Me About Prof Chalder’s Latest Disaster
16 December 2021 by David Tuller 2 Comments

By David Tuller, DrPH

Members of the CBT/GET ideological brigades produce a gusher of dreck, and I don’t bother commenting on most of their work. Life’s too short.
So it can be easy to lose sight of how flawed and truly awful each individual paper can be. But even among this flood of scientifically deficient research, a recent paper in the journal Occupational Medicine distinguishes itself. I’ve blogged about it here and here. Dr Mark Vink and Dr Keith Geraghty tweeted about it, respectively, here and here.
The article’s elementary errors about its own core findings reflect a startling degree of incompetence. I had to read the paper a batch of times to convince myself that corresponding author Professor Trudie Chalder and her colleagues had mangled basic statistics so badly. It seems very unlikely that anyone would directly contradict the data in their own tables and make such self-evident misstatements intentionally. It’s not as if these specific errors enhanced the attractiveness of the reported findings.....................

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
have written to Occupational Medicine outlining our major concerns and calling for the paper to be retracted
Now were talking.
Holding fraudsters to account

Then they will whine about being censored because we are somehow obligated to fall for the lies... :meh: