• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Chris O'Callaghan

Haley

Okay I'm coming into this thread 7 years late but I've been referred to Dr O'Callaghan and I have severe CFS. Are you saying he's involved with Emerge?
from what I understand Dr Richard Schloeffel is the main dr associated with Emerge Australia. I'm not sure if you're on Facebook at all, but there are a lot of posts re Dr O'Callaghan . Some people like him, others don't (which is pretty typical for any dr). Most people see him for POTS and OI, and talk about him being mainly medication focused, not so much into ME/CFS. I suppose it will depend on what you are seeing him for and what you want to get out if the appointment.

Murph

:)
Okay I'm coming into this thread 7 years late but I've been referred to Dr O'Callaghan and I have severe CFS. Are you saying he's involved with Emerge?

did you see o'callaghan yet? i'm on the pills he prescribes right now and I have to say they work for me. the only problem is he won't prescribe them in perpetuity and i'm not looking forward to coming off them.

my take is o'callaghan is less rigid than he has seemed. yes ,he believes in exzercise, and yes, he will tell you to expect to improve permanently. but i have heard he's willing to let people just take the pills. And as far as the second one goes, I guess it's just him trying to will a permanent fix into existence. might as well play along, can't hurt to try to believe it! if you have pots-type symptoms, midodrine can be pretty amazing.