• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Dr Chia finds 2% of ME/CFS cases are due to varicella zoster virus reactivation (shingles), and this form of ME/CFS is very treatable

Hip

But I’ve since shown those photos to others doctors that said it’s possible.
If your ME/CFS were due to VZV, according to the video interview with Dr Chia (see 1st post), you would experience a dramatic improvement in a few of weeks on acyclovir. So if you can find a doctor willing to prescribe a short course of acyclovir, that might be the easiest way to test for VZV ME/CFS.

Hip

Yes, I have a script for valcyclovir I have not tried yet. I’ve been reading your many postings on this, thank you!
I've yet to come across someone on this forum who had a miraculous recovery from ME/CFS simply because their illness was due to VZV, and acyclovir thus fixed it in a matter of weeks. But Dr Chia says he does come across such cases, so that's why I started this thread, to make people aware of this very treatable form of ME/CFS.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I cant believe this is the first time ive seen this thread, interesting.
One thing to consider is the disease mollarettes meningitis, which is reoccurring chronic shingles and its mentioned in a few places shingles without a visible rash or an internal rash. Its usually diagnosed with a lumbar puncture and some people have had several episodes of mollarettes before vzv is found in spinal fluid, so it can be hard to get a diagnosis for it. Treatment is the same ie antivirals but seems if in hospital they will use IV acyclovir.

When researching mollarettes, it seems very similar to cfsme, maybe it is the same thing but a different name??

EddieB

One of my constant annoying symptoms, I go through periods of breakouts in sores that look and act very much like an insect bite. An itchy bump will form, break open with clear fluid, then scab over. It will last for several days to weeks, healing slowly and leaving a brown spot long after.

I was reading up on VZV, and came across this...
About 15% – 20% of people who have received one dose of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine do still get chickenpox if they are exposed, but their disease is usually mild. Vaccinated persons who get chickenpox generally have fewer than 50 spots or bumps, which may resemble bug bites more than typical, fluid-filled chickenpox blisters.

I’ve been comparing these sores to histamine, shingles, etc, but they sound a lot like what’s being described above here. And I hadn’t thought about it till now, but if I remember correctly, when I had the chicken pox as a kid, the sores left brown spots that lasted a long, long time afterwards.

Any thoughts? Or is this connection I’m making even possible? I have not had a shingles vaccine.

Last edited: