• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Byron Hyde: The Terrible Tale of Amy Brown...a UK ME child who was sectioned by her doctors

Countrygirl

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qN5P6UNSiXefTN5BEQtxf1MFGCdAcfhn/view

I have only just found this document written by Dr Byron Hyde about 'Amy', a British child with ME who was sectioned. It reveals the shocking incompetence of the doctors who diagnosed her as mentally ill and sectioned her in retaliation after her father complained about the poor medical practice.

Itis worth reading!

Countrygirl

Sorry to be obtuse, I'm unsure if it's brainfog or just plain ignorance, but what does 'being sectioned' mean..?

Hello @lafarfelue :) !

You are very fortunate not to know what 'being sectioned' means.

If you were in the UK and have ME, it would be one of the possible consequences of having the disease. It is when a doctor uses their power to either seize an adult or a child and lock them away in a mental health facility. The unfortunate patient is then often treated......sometimes forcibly (I know of one ME patient who is held down to be injected) with antipschotics in order to rid the ME patient of the delusion that they are ill. It can continue for years.

The paediatricians have and are sanctioning the removal of chiildren from their parents and forcing them to under go rigourous exercise therapy with the usual consequences. As one of them has said recently, GET can't make you ill as it is the recommended treatment, so it must be the mother's fault. Mum is then taken to court and the child removed from her custody. This can be ME-treatment UK-style................although other countries like Germany inflict the same abuse on their patients.

SilverbladeTE

• False imprisonment
  • fraudulent reporting
  • deliberate poisoning (knowing risk of death as possible result of wrongful prescription, but ignoring it)
  • torture
  • child endangerment
  • child abduction/kidnapping

those are the charges those involved SHOULD face

as always, they will get away with it, claiming "they were doing it for her own good!"
to which I say: they NEVER had the child's interests at heart, only their own egos, and for that they should pay severely

alkt

all this suffering down to the ego,s of extremely inferior human beings .the attitudes of the few destroying the lives of millions. it makes you so proud of the human species genus moronus.

lafarfelue

Thanks for the explanation @Countrygirl! I see it is a British term, hence my befuddlement... Sometimes I worry I'm losing braincells rather than simply not knowing a term or concept. :woot:

They do the same thing in Scandinavia. These cases are upsetting and scary to say the least.