• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Bruce Patterson mentions me/cfs

keepontruckin

Another mention of cfs by Dr. Bruce Patterson· on twitter

Bruce K. Patterson MD

@brucep13

Oct 19

That’s the goal and now we have a first of its kind proteomics instrument to figure this out! #incelldx
Quote Tweet

default_profile_normal.png

Musketeer

@AlanMusketeer
· Oct 19
Hi Dr Patterson how hopeful are you regarding a similar Dysregulation of the immune system in M.E/CFS long term sufferers albeit a different Pathogen and do you think your approach to resetting the immune profile could activate recovery in M.E/CFS ; Symptoms are so similar twitter.com/brucep13/statu…

https://twitter.com/brucep13?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

perrier

https://letstalkwellnessnow.com/202...ulers-have-in-common-with-dr-bruce-patterson/

A very interesting interview with Dr Patterson. The focus is on LC, post Lyme, Fibromyalgia, and ME. I did find that ME did not get as much attention as the other illnesses. But the discussion about diagnosis and treatment was very illuminating.

My question is: are there folks here who have been treated by Dr Patterson. He did say he has had 100 ME patients. What were the outcomes.

junkcrap50

https://letstalkwellnessnow.com/202...ulers-have-in-common-with-dr-bruce-patterson/

A very interesting interview with Dr Patterson. The focus is on LC, post Lyme, Fibromyalgia, and ME. I did find that ME did not get as much attention as the other illnesses. But the discussion about diagnosis and treatment was very illuminating.

My question is: are there folks here who have been treated by Dr Patterson. He did say he has had 100 ME patients. What were the outcomes.
Yes, a couple people on the ME/CFS discord have tried it. Some had high rantes, some had normal. I don't think Patterson's drug combo helped any one. However, I do not know how long they stayed with the protocol. Some long covid patients said they did not notice improvement until month 3 and some had a long slow gradual improvement. So it could be several months before you see any results.

perrier

Yes, a couple people on the ME/CFS discord have tried it. Some had high rantes, some had normal. I don't think Patterson's drug combo helped any one. However, I do not know how long they stayed with the protocol. Some long covid patients said they did not notice improvement until month 3 and some had a long slow gradual improvement. So it could be several months before you see any results.
Thanks for this information, much appreciated. The impression one gets from the interview is that he really likes to get specific with the diagnosis and then target the immune treatment. The interview seemed to indicate a high success rate with post lyme and LC, and even fibromyalgia. Do you have a link for that discord group? Patterson did say over 100 patients with ME were seen. Thanks again.

junkcrap50

Thanks for this information, much appreciated. The impression one gets from the interview is that he really likes to get specific with the diagnosis and then target the immune treatment. The interview seemed to indicate a high success rate with post lyme and LC, and even fibromyalgia. Do you have a link for that discord group? Patterson did say over 100 patients with ME were seen. Thanks again.
Well I don't have that much experience about it, but it seems like they usually use 4 drug protocol and their "tailoring" is not adding/using 1 or 2 drugs if certain cytokines are not elevated. Just so you know, a lot of people are pretty put off by Dr. Patterson, That he's a media and attention hog or charlatan, and that his treatment is not as effective as he claims. Some people with long covid have had no improvement to his treatment. Many are waiting for his 8,000 patient paper on his cytokine test and treatments, but has been delayed and delayed when said it's coming out "very soon." So, just fyi.

A moderator like @sometexan84, @mitoMAN, @Thebirdman333 , or @Martin aka paused||M.E. will have to send you an invite.

5vforest

30:08 – People are taking the CV vaccine as a cure to post lyme disease but this is too soon to determine its long term effects.

Anyone know more? I am skeptical...

Edit: I have listened, uhh..... there is not much there. They discuss it more as a "patients say..." anecdote, more than their own experiences.

perrier

Edit: I have listened, uhh..... there is not much there. They discuss it more as a "patients say..." anecdote, more than their own experiences.
Certainly publishing results is required here. I spoke to a well known CFS doctor recently who said that Patterson can help with cytokines and correct them. If he isn’t getting good results the question is why: are there perhaps no effective meds addressing the problems? I did note in the talk he was not impressed with Apheresis.

perrier

To be honest I don’t even know where to start. I have been told before that the blood based analysis of cytokines is not reliable (I think @Martin aka paused||M.E. has mentioned this).
The problem is, that many of us are not physicians, or scientifically trained--so we have to rely on the honesty and the intelligence and the resourcefulness of the medical partitioners we interact with. If you are saying the blood based analysis is faulty, I will mention this to the doctor next time I speak with him.

junkcrap50

Annecdotally, a family member who has had chronic lime for 30+ years got tremendous relief from the coronavirus vaccine, but was only temporary (~3 weeks).

RYO

I recently queried whether there are any clinical trials by Dr Bruce Patterson for long covid on clinicaltrials.gov and I did not see any studies listed. Does anyone have any additional information?