• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Bell on XMRV-Europe tour this Autumn

filfla4

http://www.euro-me.org/news-Q22010-006.htm

Members of the European ME Alliance are to sponsor a series of lectures in Europe by Dr David Bell. We hope we will be able to arrange Dr. Bell's lectures in Ireland, UK, Norway and Sweden, Belgium and Spain. More details will follow later.

I've alerted my local ME Sufferers group to this!! I'm from the tiny island of Malta in the Med. I wish we could somehow raise some sponsorship money for Dr Bell to include Malta in his lecture tour, if nothing else to try and raise awareness of the condition amongst the local medical profession! Being so very small and it being soooo difficult for most of us to travel far to get any support....it would help us enormously!!!

Rivotril

Bell was getting his samples tested by Ruscetti at the NCI I believe.

thanks for the info Cort! But in that case, it won't be a replication study because some Lab from the original Science study is doing the test?
I just want to say, Kuppeveld and co will in that case come again with the comtamination story or some crap, like he did with the WPI samples and his own samples that were tested positive by WPI.

Or you think that in the USA, in the case Bell has WPI-like results with his samples, the offical organisations like CDC will get more convinced that XMRV in ME/CFS is real?

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
I was listening to Dr. Bell's conversation with Dr. Ruscetti at the CFSAC when they were talking about Dr. Ruscetti testing his samples.

Eavesdropping Cort? :D

It seemed to be in the works then. I guess it didn't work out.

It says on the InvestinME website that Dr Bell has had to pull out due to personal reasons.

Was really looking forward to hearing Dr Bell speak. Shame he won't be coming now.

VillageLife

Was really looking forward to hearing Dr Bell speak. Shame he won't be coming now.

Does anyone else think he's been told to pull out ? perhaps there is *news* behind the scenes regarding XMRV/CFS and so by Autumn his talk won't be necessary?

Rivotril

if he has done a whole study and wanted to do a XMRV europe tour, and he is into ME/CFS for decades, it is strange to just blow the whole thing of with vague reasons.
there seems to be more...

but on the otherside: if there is more, why the hurry to officially cancel things now, bringing up questions/gossipthings like these.

hehe here we go again with the rumours :)

but i hope it will be something good
not a kerr-like thing