• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Domperidone/Motillium, does it work

starlily88

My Neurologist put me on Reglan in May 2019 - I did it for 6 months. It was like a miracle - I have severe Gastroparesis and Colonic inertia.
I could actually eat my same small portions but I did not get pain for first time! I also could increase my eating a bit without severe pain.

Then I noticed I was extremely anxious and depressed.
I stopped the Reglan Dec 2019 - and after about 5 weeks, no anxiety or depression.

I would like to order Domperidone/Motillium.
It is now 4 times the cost it was when I bought it - one box 100 tabs is $48.00.

Does it work for motility of the stomach?
How much does anyone take - 10 mg, 20 mg??
Thanks Starlily88

yes reglan does cause depression, sadly because it works so well for the tummy motility. i didnt like the domperidone. i took the 10 mil for about 6 months, it didnt work and also caused me stomack distress. sorry, joanie

kangaSue

Does it work for stomach motility - yes.
Does it work for everyone - no.
Will it work for you - maybe, trial and error is the only way to know.
I'm dependent on it, 20 mg 3 x a day - most effective for me when taken as near as possible to 1/2 an hour before eating.
Can be slow to produce good positive effects, up to 3 months for some people but more often, within about 6 weeks.
Some people find the meltabs (orally dissolving tablets) work for them when the regular tablets aren't being well tolerated.

starlily88

Does it work for stomach motility - yes.
Does it work for everyone - no.
Will it work for you - maybe, trial and error is the only way to know.
I'm dependent on it, 20 mg 3 x a day - most effective for me when taken as near as possible to 1/2 an hour before eating.
Thanks -only doing 10 mg. Will try 20 mg - but I barely eat anything when I do eat - I sort of graze.