• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does the brain's perception of time and pH play a role?

@katabasis I was looking for the first person who suggested we might be living in a black hole. I believe it was 1973, I used to have the article but I seem to have lost it, do you happen to know?
Screen light can hurt my eyes (and confuse my pineal gland!), so I am going to sign off for a while.
Thanks again for the great discussion, and I hope you have a nice Wednesday.

Thank you, Yippee, for your contribution.
Often new ideas can seem a little crazy at first, and those of us who present them expect pushback.
I take no offense, and wish you good health.

Last edited:
I've learned a lot from Klee Irwin, of Quantum Gravity Research, who sees the universe in terms of information, and believes consciousness may be structured like a language.

I'm interested in the idea that you can't store information inside a volume of space, only on its surface area (also known as the holographic principle).

I see the black hole boundary as the repository for the information, the language, the "story" if you will of the universe. The complete story (past, present, and future) is there.

The black hole is a 2D boundary. True, it curves, which means it can appear to be 3D—if the degree of curvature of the observer is different from that of the black hole itself. If they are in a 1:1 relationship, it will appear not to curve. (This difference in the perception of curved lines lies at the heart of difficulties with perception, in my opinion, and is important to both our health and our understanding of the cosmos.)

In looking at time, I ask: What if black hole is the end from which we start? On/in it is stored all the information, the whole story—the entire song, if you will. But the song can play at different speeds.

The denser the observer (the farther "backward" in time), the faster the speed.

The black hole boundary is the starting position. As when drawing back a sling, we can only pull the boundary back so far.

There are "eight degrees of density" possible before maximum density—a new singularity—is reached.

So, just to be clear, when I speak of the Simulation Hypothesis, I am not referring to alien supercomputers (another notion that makes me laugh). I am referring to a story that has been told, and is being told, and will be told again. The human story is eternal—and iterative. Every black hole is a new universe ...

https://www.insidescience.org/news/every-black-hole-contains-new-universe

... but it's always the same story. And so, in a sense, this is a simulation. We are always somewhere "in the middle" of a story whose beginning and ending—duplicate black holes—already exist.

This is a shift in thinking equal in magnitude to that of the Copernican Revolution, so, as I mentioned, I am not surprised, offended, or dissuaded by pushback. In fact, I am deeply grateful to anyone who takes the time to read anything I say. I am a layperson, and I sometimes use terms in ways that are not in perfect alignment with their traditional use. But I hope the big picture comes across—or will someday.

Last edited:

Tammy

I wish my brain could wrap around even an 1/8th of this thread. My brain has a hard time with physics but I do enjoy ever once in awhile reading about different theories from all different views . Ever once in awhile I'll have an ah ha moment that intrigues me and I want to learn more. I suppose it's never too late to try and at least learn some basics but I don't know if I would have the patience with myself.

@alethea ..................I just came across some info from a physicist by the name of Nassim Haramein. Are you familiar with him?

And by the way.............you've been a really good sport with this thread and much more patient than I with some of the reply's/insults that you've been given.:)

ljimbo423

I wish my brain could wrap around even an 1/8th of this thread.

Me too. I've tried to follow the basics of this thread but find it way over my head, as I know very little about physics. Although I do find what very little I can understand really interesting.:)

And by the way.............you've been a really good sport with this thread and much more patient than I with some of the reply's/insults that you've been given.

I agree. I think everybody has a right to express their opinion, as long as it's in a respectful manner. These are the Forum Rules.

Rule 1: No rudeness or personal attacks