• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone take Lutein and Zeaxanthin for their eyesight?

Jwarrior77

Anyone take Lutein and Zeaxanthin to help support their eye functions? They seem to be interesting antioxidants.

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...
People don't experience any ill effects from it. It is a must for computer and phone users, as LCD displays produce a lot of blue light and those supplements are proven effective protection.
Lutein and zeaxanthin are antioxidants that accumulate in the lens and retina of the human eye. These antioxidants protect ocular tissues against singlet oxygen and lipid peroxide damage. Unfortunately, beginning with middle age, antioxidant protection is depleted and this leads to the formation of age-related cataracts and macular degeneration
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698938/

bertiedog

I have been taking it daily for about 3 years and at my last eye test my optician said that my eyes were very healthy and my mild cataracts hadn't progressed over the past 2 years which is good news now that I am 72. Actually when he said they were very healthy I had to laugh because healthy and my usual condition don't really match!

Pan