• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone else get neck pain if you dont use a hoodie?

ChookityPop

I HAVE to use a thick hoodie at all times when Im not laying down to sleep. If not my neck will tense up and get super painful almost immediately.

It has been like this since the start of my illness in 2014. When I went into remission it went away and came back with a vengeance after I relapsed in 2019.

I wonder if this turns out not to be a common ME symptom if it can be because of connective tissue issues.. Which I suspect I have.

Rufous McKinney

If not my neck will tense up and get super painful almost immediately.

my neck feels exposed and cold and demands collars and scarves and sometimes in winter hot water bottles.

exposed necks on a shirt: I cannot stand and can hardly wear. Therefore, most girly clothes I can't wear.

the right side of my neck unravels. Wind pours out. PopPopPop. the left side, never. The right side of my body is more sick an I have more connective tissue and collagen loss on my right side.

I contend my lymphatic system, is more sick on the right side. This suggests a virus lives more in my right side.

ChookityPop

my neck feels exposed and cold and demands collars and scarves and sometimes in winter hot water bottles.

exposed necks on a shirt: I cannot stand and can hardly wear. Therefore, most girly clothes I can't wear.

the right side of my neck unravels. Wind pours out. PopPopPop. the left side, never. The right side of my body is more sick an I have more connective tissue and collagen loss on my right side.

I contend my lymphatic system, is more sick on the right side. This suggests a virus lives more in my right side.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I really liked what you said with "exposed necks on a shirt I cannot stand or hardly wear". Thats describes it perfectly, having an exposed neck does not work at all. Super strange! It has to be related to circulation. I have APS and generally really bad circulation.

Where do you see the lymphatic system fits into all of this? Is it related?

And do you know which virus it is that is giving you problems?

Are you diagnosed with connective tissue disease?

Rufous McKinney

Super strange! It has to be related to circulation

I had multiple bouts of mono as a child. Now I"m retired. Very retired.

Eppstein Barr is likely the driver in my case. But stomach developments suggest I may have another virus living there. Reactivating. That possible virus is what took me down to far less function.

And do you know which virus it is that is giving you problems?

I "suspect" I have developed more and more Cranial Cervical instability due primarily to virus breaking down connective tissue, collagen and ligaments. I eat plenty of protein.

My fingerprints are offiicially gone, and I can't trigger the DMV thumb print machine. What will happen if I'm ever in customs?

Subcutaneous fat alot of that is gone, too. It hurts to walk barefoot on the hard kitchen floor.

Right side is more sick. Alot more sick. That suggests to me its either strongly lymphatic problem, or I'v e killed my liver years ago. My right eye, my right neck, my right nipple is went missing (it wandered away). Funny my left hip is weakest, thats a posture thing.

So the neck:

ligaments got weaker and weaker especially on right side
brain stem dropped to
I doubt I have proper brain flushing or proper lymphatic flushing and I dont detox well at all.

Today: neck: aches, feels very vulnerable, wants pain killed. Weak weak feeling and heavy heavy. So much heaviness.

All this is hypothetical, as I don't get very far on diagnosis. Its very odd I don't have many joint problems giving the 100s of ticks I've lived with.

Rufous McKinney

I HAVE to use a thick hoodie at all times when Im not laying down to sleep. If not my neck will tense up and get super painful almost immediately.

I have a list of neck alignment issues which aren't helping matters in my case. I try to work on it...make corrections...I really do try.

Also, I tend to try to stay upright mostly. Lately, I've had to lie down more, the head and neck just not cutting it.

Also: I have a big head and small neck. Actually. A normal woman's hat won't fit me (plus gobs of hair).

Reminds me to go back to trying to find silk scarves.

ChookityPop

I had multiple bouts of mono as a child. Now I"m retired. Very retired.

Eppstein Barr is likely the driver in my case. But stomach developments suggest I may have another virus living there. Reactivating. That possible virus is what took me down to far less function.

I "suspect" I have developed more and more Cranial Cervical instability due primarily to virus breaking down connective tissue, collagen and ligaments. I eat plenty of protein.

My fingerprints are offiicially gone, and I can't trigger the DMV thumb print machine. What will happen if I'm ever in customs?

Subcutaneous fat alot of that is gone, too. It hurts to walk barefoot on the hard kitchen floor.

Right side is more sick. Alot more sick. That suggests to me its either strongly lymphatic problem, or I'v e killed my liver years ago. My right eye, my right neck, my right nipple is went missing (it wandered away). Funny my left hip is weakest, thats a posture thing.

So the neck:

ligaments got weaker and weaker especially on right side
brain stem dropped to
I doubt I have proper brain flushing or proper lymphatic flushing and I dont detox well at all.

Today: neck: aches, feels very vulnerable, wants pain killed. Weak weak feeling and heavy heavy. So much heaviness.

All this is hypothetical, as I don't get very far on diagnosis. Its very odd I don't have many joint problems giving the 100s of ticks I've lived with.

I have really high EBV titers, also varicella zoster, CMV, toxoplasmosis, Mycoplasma P and I also tested positive for chronic active echovirus 9 with the neutralization test. Have you tested for enterovirus with the neutralization test? Enteroviruses reside in the gut and they can reactivate EBV like Covid 19 does and both are RNA viruses (enterovirus and covid19).

I also suspect having more and more CCI likely from a virus. I eat lots of protein myself.

"giving the 100s of ticks Ive lived with". Have you had many tick bites? Borrelia loves connective tissue. I have had between 50-100 tick bites in my life and assume it plays its part in my disease as well..

Sorry to hear about your symptoms. A few years ago I found that I benefit from using an ergonomical pillow. If Im laying outside and tanning or sleep without a pillow I will eventually start to get the same strained painfull feeling in my neck. That pillow has been a life saver.

I cant wear headsets, bandanas, caps etc on my head anymore/atm since it will strain my neck. Wearing a bandana will strain my neck, lol. Its absurd.

ChookityPop

I have a list of neck alignment issues which aren't helping matters in my case. I try to work on it...make corrections...I really do try.

Also, I tend to try to stay upright mostly. Lately, I've had to lie down more, the head and neck just not cutting it.

Also: I have a big head and small neck. Actually. A normal woman's hat won't fit me (plus gobs of hair).

Reminds me to go back to trying to find silk scarves.
Have you tried a hoodie? I cant use anything else than a hoodie and Ive only found certain ones that work. Its important that they are thick enough.

Have you found anything that helps?

Rufous McKinney

Have you tried a hoodie?

so thats a sweat shirt with a hood on it? Oh that could bother me due to the zipper part. Or lack of zipper part.

My latest deployment is the b-caryophylene, via trying to use some Copaiba oil, topically. So thats being slathered on my neck, and jaw and ears and eye brows (hoping to help my eyes, nearby).

And just trying to take a few vitamins each day, which I never want to swallow.

My husband lives for his pills and. powders. And I hate pills and powders. We are a perfect match.

ChookityPop

I hope you Get some benefits from it!

You said something about ticks. Have you had lots of tick bites?

Rufous McKinney

Have you had lots of tick bites?

Prior life- dog owner, hiker, and visit areas covered in ticks sometimes. I was the tick remover.

I think its frankly bizarre I seem to show no real evidence of a Lyme issue.

our western fence lizard is an alternate host and we have far less Lyme in California: but still we do have it it seems, as people say they go it.