• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anybody know a "helpful" online dr that can prescribe basically antything?

ChookityPop

Does anyone know of a Dr that do online appointments and can write prescriptions for basically "anything"? And ship the prescriptions by mail?

I want to talk to a doctor online and get him to write a prescription for medications for chronic venous insuficciency for example and ship the paper prescription by mail. I order my meds online to my neighbouring country, go pick it up, IF I get stopped by customs I show my paper prescription and off I go.

That would help out people that live in countries with strict customs a lot and patients in general.

I would really appreciate recommendations!

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

I was in a foreign country and told: no, we won't ship your Prescription Drug to You.

And no, Fed Ex won't let you ship that either. And no I can't order my chinese herbs and have them shipped to me.

Hopefully you'll have better luck.

I think its outrageous you can't obtain your own RX via mail while: visiting somebody.

hapl808

I think it's different for every country? Even if you got an online appointment with a legit doctor, it would have to be someone within your own country who can rx to a local pharmacy, otherwise there's a risk of customs, etc.

Rufous McKinney

I think it's different for every country?

yes thats also likely...I was just reading about shipping Rx internationally: the DEA has to approve whats being shipped via some form you must have somehow obtained, nearly impossible to fathom. And its a U.S. felony....to violate these laws, in our case.

Its a huge problem for me. I plan to: move. And once I'm with my daughter, in a foreign country, I'll be unable to obtain my compounded LDN. I already looked into it...extensively last time. No way to legally ship that I could identify. LDN does not exist in the country I'd be living in, it seems.

I wasn't able to figure out how to get my chinese herbs, either, altho that might be a bit more readily able to sneak that past them. Its just some powder- and therefore maybe it looks like I brought with Nescafe. Since its not pills, I might be able to get that thru.

(aside, entering the foreign country, we checked the customs checklist box 1: we have plant, animal and pharmaceuticals. Nobody cared on that end). Walked right in with it all.

ChookityPop

I think it's different for every country? Even if you got an online appointment with a legit doctor, it would have to be someone within your own country who can rx to a local pharmacy, otherwise there's a risk of customs, etc.
I have gotten prescriptions sent to me by mail in the past from other countries. If I could Get a prescription I could order meds to my neighbouring country and go there to pick it up. Customs would give me green light taking the meds i to my country If I had a rx to show.

hapl808

I have gotten prescriptions sent to me by mail in the past from other countries. If I could Get a prescription I could order meds to my neighbouring country and go there to pick it up. Customs would give me green light taking the meds i to my country If I had a rx to show.

Yeah, again I think it comes down to individual countries. Sounds like you couldn't get shipped to your country, but could to a neighboring country. Rules in the USA vs Canada vs Japan vs UK vs Germany on prescription drugs are all very different I think. Even down to the individual drug.