• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you have a pituitary gland tumour?

Tella

I’ve found a scan from years ago where the report says I have a micro tumour! So will bring it up with my current doc. Not sure if this can cause any issues as it can grow etc...also linked to all the other Brain and neck conditions...

wigglethemouse

They usually scan again a year or so later to see if the pituary tumour is growing. If it's not growing and an endocrinologist see's that hormone levels are normal they say it's benign.

I have a pineal gland cyst. It's been there since my first MRI head scan in 2006.
The cyst has not grown since. Doctors say it's benign.

lenora

I had a pituitary tumor which, I'm assuming is now a thing of the past. Lack of symptoms leads me to believe that way.

I developed it probably 44+ years ago. The surgery didn't sound very appealing at the time, but a medication called bromocriptine was prescribed and I took it for probably15 yrs. It was the first indication that I had that quite a few things were wrong with my body. (There were plenty of them, culminating in ME as well as a few laggards that we found after the initial diagnoses). Bromocriptine did control all the problems I was having at the time and I'm assuming that menopause took care of the rest, although there are times when I think I'm still suffering from it!

I wish I could get some energy back...even that of before I went into the hospital the last time, would be great. I'm recovering from surgery in April and I'm coming off a carbohydrate high that should end tomorrow at the latest. No more of that nonsense....I just want to get back to the usual type of eating. Yours, Lenora.