• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do you get this? Weird (German) lab results

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Hi 🙋🏻‍♂️
I can’t reach my doc but my lab results are somehow strange.
you should know that I take Valcyte that’s provlably why my liver screams… but VITD12? I don’t take it.
if anyone can read and explain these results I would be grateful!

thanks 🙏
Martin
BA3B9EF5-93CB-4742-8BD3-6C6C9027B3F8.jpeg
50B1E648-CE82-412E-B2E3-F325D9AFCB61.jpeg

Martin aka paused||M.E.

No idea, but guessing this is the active form of Vit D [1,25(OH)2D] versus the Vit D [25(OH)D] form? I believe there's a distinction when looking for deficiencies, but this is beyond my expertise. Just guessing because of how the VitD12 seems to be truncated - maybe it was Vit D 1,25 vs Vit D 25-hydroxyvitamin D, etc?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2665033/
Yeah right there was sth with it…

godlovesatrier

Wow your egfr is really good! I've never got higher than 90.

How long have you been on the valcyte? Really hope it helps you. I seem to have hit a dead end. Everything I take either causes problems with my kidneys or reactivates my ebv. I think I need Equilibrant and a potent ebv antiviral like tenofovir to make any progress.

Be interested to hear how your valcyte goes. Valcyte is another option for me over tenofovir.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Wow your egfr is really good! I've never got higher than 90.

How long have you been on the valcyte? Really hope it helps you. I seem to have hit a dead end. Everything I take either causes problems with my kidneys or reactivates my ebv. I think I need Equilibrant and a potent ebv antiviral like tenofovir to make any progress.

Be interested to hear how your valcyte goes. Valcyte is another option for me over tenofovir.
I don’t notice any change. Except my liver values increase and my VitD metabolism is weird. And obviously I’m low in iron (FERR), which I take in high doses so there seems to be a problem in metabolism.
Interestingly mu sugar is quite low and fats high. Maybe a metabolic change toward fat fuel that doesn’t work well. Some pathways might have run out of cofactors for metabolism or enzymes are broken or whatever. Could be a million reasons. Inflammation is one of them. If there are pathogens involved - who knows.

godlovesatrier

Hmm yeah that is odd. Most people on valcyte feel like death due to viral attempts to replicate or just because the drug is so heavy they feel a lot sicker.

Well I guess if your liver enzymes are raised by too much you can stay on it for awhile.

godlovesatrier

That sounds good then. Valcyte completely kicks your arse. Hopefully you actually improve ok this after the three month point. Fingers crossed.

Did you have positive blood work for entereoviral infection also?

Blazer95

Very old Post but high 1,25-VitD can come from inflammation. My values are still in range but Not optimal.

Given values are arround 30-40 in healthy people as average :/

Do you Sometimes have elevated Calcium aswell ? Because my Calcium is Sometimes high and my 1,25-VitD is Not optimal