• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Do Low Doses of ionizing Radiation Affect the Human Brain?

This paper hypothesises that CFS happens after low dose radiation.

http://www.ncf-net.org/radiation/LoganovskyLowDoseIonizingRadiationBrain.pdf

(A quote from near the end)

"A hypothesis about the development of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) under the impact of low and very low

doses combined with psychological stress has been suggested. CFS can be considered to be an environmentally

induced predisposition and vestige of forthcoming neurodegeneration, cognitive impairment, and

neuropsychiatric disorders (Loganovsky 2000, 2003; Volovik, Loganovsky, & Bazyka, 2005; Volovik,

Loganovsky, Bazyka, Bebeshko, Cohen, Chao, et al., 2006). Moreover, CFS and metabolic syndrome X are

considered to be both radiation-associated syndromes and stages of other neuropsychiatric and physical

pathology developments, and CFS can be transformed into metabolic syndrome X. Radiation-induced damage

of mitochondrial DNA in post-mitotic tissues with low proliferation activity may be a basis for the effects of

low doses in an increase of non-cancer morbidity and mortality in the Chernobyl accident survivors (Kovalenko

& Loganovsky, 2001). Currently, post-radiation syndrome is proposed to be CFS or a chronic fatigue syndromelike

illness, initiated by exposure to ionizing radiation. The symptoms and signs of post-radiation syndrome and

its chronicity are similar or identical to those of CFS and can be explained as being a consequence of nitric

oxide/peroxynitrite cycle etiology (Pall, 2008)."

SOC

Well, since my brain was neither exposed to x-rays or gamma rays (such as might be used for imaging or tumor treatment), nor was I under psychological stress when I became ill -- and the same is true for my daughter who became ill within 10 days of me -- I doubt this applies to our ME/CFS.

I wonder how many of us had our brains exposed to x-rays or gamma rays along with psychological stress before our very sudden onset flu-like illness.

Perhaps this applies only to the symptom chronic fatigue from, say, brain cancer treatment rather than ME/CFS as we know it. I suppose it could also apply to people exposed to fallout from the Chernobyl disaster. Possibly also people who live or work over the tailings from a uranium mine...?

Martial

There are ways to clear out excessive radiation in the body, so having too much of it is not reversable per say.. It is very important to heal and promote new and healthy cell growth though..

Methylation, CoQ10, PQQ and NT factor all help with this, among some other herbs and things.

Zeolite is a very powerful way to also clear out free radicals and toxins that accumulate in the system like radiation.

Star-Anise

@Martial
Have you had success with Zeolite? I think I have stabilized my dose of methyl B12/Folate for now, but I have quite the detox belly going on that isn't flinching with upped doses. So, I thought I would try something else. Looking into Nutritional Balancing protocol and Zeolite is raved about in those circles. Thanks for any info you have :love:S

Martial

Yes definitely it works perfect for binding to excess heavy metals, and ammonia floating around my system among many other harmful things! I use it alongside anoter product called silphitrum which helps bind neuro toxins in my brain as well.. I am using them for late stage lyme disease and notice a huge relief of symptoms with it...

Always get the powder form of zeolite over liquid, much cheaper and largely more effective.. Zeolite HP by nutrimedix is a great one as well as this company

http://www.zeolite.com/products.php

I personally am using the brandname zeo force right now which seems just as high quality as the first two mentioned,

Star-Anise

@Martial thanks for your mentoring :) so very, very much appreciated xoxo.
with respect to the silphitrum to you have a link? Quick google wants to direct me to silphium... where do you get it?
The only kind of Zeolite that I legally can get in Canada is http://www.voltahealth.com/proddetail.php?prod=Zeolite+Pure+Powder,+400+g#.UxNnMHlH1FJ
Looks like a reasonable product...
Once again... thank-you!!!! Detox belly = no fun. All my pants still fit on the bottom part of my body, but I literally have an inner tube now popping over the top of the pants, lol!
S

Martial

Yeah thats the really high quality brand! Definitely worth it! Quite a big serving size too! I would probably suggest starting at half that amount or so and work yor way up!

is detox belly from methyl trap? lol I gained some fat and actually more so edema from the methyl trap issues I was having, titring the doses and getting everything flowing will melt it all right off, of course diet and exercise if you can are a huge part of it!

no problem! Hope you find everything well!

:)