• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DNA micro array

Overstressed

Part of this was already posted, but there is more information as the previous post, so I thought I will post it here.

It's about this German researcher who found XMRV in the respiratory tract of different, well defined groups. Apart from the fact that she is involved in XMRV-research, she co-developed a DNA Micro Array for detecting all known and unknown parasites. And guess what, apparently, her DNA Micro Array is able to detect XMRV without any problem.

Here's the link: http://www.uke.de/institute/infektionsmedizin/index_34895.php

It's in German...

OS.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I curious as to how effeicient it is in detecting XMRV? I'm thinking back to some of the other studies that state that XMRV has to be looked for in different places with different techniques. I was also curious as to how the Virochip(?) was developing that is suppose to detect a large amount of viruses. I can't remember who was developing it, but it was talked about in a couple of the XMRV papers.