• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dizzy, Dizzy, Dizzy

Carrigon

Today's wonderful symptom is dizzy. I'm dizzy and tipping over. Am I on a ship? A plane? A Disneyland ride? Who knows. I'm just dizzy, dizzy, dizzy.

Anyone else get days like this?

m1she11e

HATE dizzy!! I get it off and on all of the time. Im never quite sure what brings it on. It is one of the harshest of symptoms to deal with.

Sometimes I think detox bathes help. If I take one that night, I will often find my dizziness subsides some what by the next afternoon. Also Vertigo Heel helps ALOT with full on Vertigo.
Of course there are times it seems nothing helps. I just lay flat on those days and hold on for the ride.

Im dealing with it right now too so I wanted to let you know I can relate!!!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'll join the dizzy club today! Why is everything you want out of the fridge on the bottom shelf and after 3 times of doing its off to lie down to recover, ah well tomorrow is another day, we can only hope its better than today.

fingers2022

Today's wonderful symptom is dizzy. I'm dizzy and tipping over. Am I on a ship? A plane? A Disneyland ride? Who knows. I'm just dizzy, dizzy, dizzy.

Anyone else get days like this?

"Dizzy", like "fatigue" and "malaise" and "flu-like" is another one of those inadequate words. I vote for a new ME/........CFS (oh, go on then, in the interests of trying to communicate) language, with it's own dictionary of definitions.

Here's a starter;

Dizzy - sometimes falling over type dizzy, or room moving type dizzy, but also head wierd type dizzy

Fatigue - OK, psychos, FA (Endland abbreviation) to do with being tired as you know it, we're talking central nervous system stuff here, OK?

Malaise - this is feeling shit on the grand scale, like nothing you've experienced pre-ME

Flu-like? - we've already done that one, no, not really

jace

Off the fence
Dizzy bird here too. Always dizzy, and episodes of the whole world spinning round me. If I'm not hanging on to something, this means falling over. As a sailor, I am perhaps more able than some to ride the waves, but still, it is the worst. That and the screaming tinnitus. Hey de ho. My moan for the day.

JT1024

Dizzy here too! I know I've not had enough water or sleep today. I suspect my blood pressure is really low right now too. I think I'll go get some water!

I get dizzy mostly from overdoing it, like when I tried to grocery shop today (ugh!). I didn't think I would make it home! For me it is a low cortisol and/or low sugar thing. Doing the activity uses up the little cortisol i have, which affects blood sugar (low blood sugar) leading to the dizzies. Usually eating something helps me a little, but it's mostly relieved by resting.