• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Discussion of full IOM report

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
First, some highlights of the reports findings on PEM, which is the primary symptom of the SEID case definition - then a closer look at the evidence they cite:

Subjective reports of PEM and prolonged recovery are supported by objective evidence

'Prolonged recovery' is a rather ambiguous term. I think it should be something like 'prolonged recovery time' or 'slowed recovery'. Otherwise it could be misunderstood in some circumstances as meaning that the state of having/being recovered lasted a long time, as could be illustrated by replacing 'recovery' with 'remission' for example.

Dolphin

Survey with open-ended questions on Institute of Medicine ME/CFS/SEID report from Massachusetts CFIDS/ME & FM Association

I hope people who have read the full report will fill in this survey. It would be good to have people's thoughts collated. Other surveys have tended to focused on the name.

Deadline is March 20

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G2LC3MH